Fw: Joint Statement Regarding PIPA (S.968) & SOPA (HR 3261)

Joel Fritz willie_mctell@COMCAST.NET
Wed Jan 25 13:11:09 EST 2012

I'm late to the discussion, but I have to agree with you.  I realize
that piracy is a problem for the entertainment biz and for
independents.  I don't think these laws are the right way to deal with
the problem.  The entertainment biz has a long track record of trying to
deal with advances in technology that aid piracy through criminal
sanctions.  They ought to consider how successful they've been with this
approach so far. <g>  The only way to deal with technological advances
is to ask the question "How can we make money from this?"  Trying to
stop piracy isn't nearly as effective as figuring out ways to take the
profit out of piracy.  Much as it goes against my most basic beliefs,
I've gotta say that where money is concerned people are pretty darned smart.

Fritz Bros Tunes:  http://www.myspace.com/thefritzbrothers