Fw: Joint Statement Regarding PIPA (S.968) & SOPA (HR 3261)

MARK SCHOSSOW yupduluth@msn.com
Wed Jan 25 12:04:19 EST 2012

I would Like to offer my apologies to Mr.Son Lewis.I meant it to be private and used tastless satire in my frustration and sadness over the whole of cybercrime.I am a devoted fan of his,and am truly sorry.I can get tasteless and make money doing it.It is always successful in making a point and getting someone's attention.I wrote those words while feeling angry and sad,because I saw no solution,and as Blues is one of the few things I love,and have passion for in these times that it is a subject that might overide my discretion .I rarely write to an individual in such a manner,unless I know they understand my style of humor.I cannot unwrite my words,but am sorry and sad that it was posted It was a mistake .Some correspondence should be private.             Mark S. ie  YupDuluth

Yup say...Ya dont need no shoes to dance the Blues

-----Original Message-----

From: Sonlewis1@aol.com
Sent: 25 Jan 2012 12:53:03 GMT
To: yupduluth@msn.com,BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Subject: Re: Fw: Joint Statement Regarding PIPA (S.968) & SOPA (HR 3261)

Yes, my music is available legally... No... YOU shouldn't have to pay to
hear my music on the radio BUT if the station sells advertising and you
listen  to that station (and that advertising) because you hope to hear my music
or  music LIKE mine then the STATION or BROADCASTER should pay me...  If
it's a  free podcast or non-commercial like NPR then I wouldn't expect to get
paid.

If you buy something and want to make a million copies for your personal
use, go for it.... but it you want to make copies to give to your friends so
they don't have to pay for it, I have a problem because you are stealing
from  me...

I have no problem with some hearing my music before they buy... in  fact, I
encourage it.  I WANT them to like it and not be disappointed  before they
plunk down money.

I don't believe I have any problems with what you want to do UNLESS someone
 somewhere is making money directly or indirectly from MY WORK and MY
EFFORTS and  MY FINANCIAL INVESTMENT (it's not cheap to record and put out an
album or  single)....

Son  Lewis
Blues Vocalist/Guitarist
_www.sonlewis.com_ (http://www.sonlewis.com/)
_http://www.youtube.com/silkcitycd_ (http://www.youtube.com/silkcitycd)

In a message dated 1/25/2012 2:20:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,