Eric's Blues Dates - January 10th

jinxblues@AOL.COM jinxblues@AOL.COM
Tue Jan 10 00:36:38 EST 2012

HOWLIN' WOLF                (g/hca/songw) d. 1976-0110, HINES,           IL  65

I flew from Boston to Chicago for Wolf's funeral. It was about Zero degrees and I hired a Lincoln Town Car with a blanket to throw over me in the back seat.

Wolf was scary even as he laid dead in the coffin. The casket was on a riser so you had to climb up two or three steps to look down on him.

I stayed around for a while and signed the book and then I got back in the Town Car and went back to the airport.

Dick Waterman
1601 Buchanan Avenue
Oxford, MS 38655