Jack Kerouac's 1957 letter to Marlon Brando: "I'm praying that you'll buy On the Road...

chuck 249 hhs249@GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 6 22:43:34 EST 2012

I think a number of zellers will appreciate seeing this piece of
correspondence from Jack to Marlon....as well as appreciate how Jack
explains to Marlon how he writes as an Angel returned to earth, seeing
things through sad eyes as they are.   There is a similarity there,
imo, to how some blues get written....some first person, some as an
observer, some as empathetic bystander.  And then there are even some
that get written by folks just making it up, as fiction, happy if it
rhymes, and fits the form.  It all works to various degrees.  The hard
part is, and maybe always has been with any artistic endeavor, getting
someone to buy it....which is, when you get down to it, why Jack was
writing to Brando, "praying" that he would buy On The Road.
chuck, in dallas

http://boingboing.net/2012/01/06/jack-kerouacs-1957-letter-to.html?utm_source=pulsenews&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+boingboing%2FiBag+%28Boing+Boing%29