PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 2/25/12

David Carrigan papajoe61@HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 25 18:47:44 EST 2012

My show # 644. The Saturday Blue Plate Special was part 4 of a series about blues artist's nicknames.  This time we concentrated on those with royal/regal nicknames.  We started with artists whose nicknames reminded me of some of the names of the 7 Dwarfs -  Doc, Sleepy, etc.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
Blues Cafe'
101 CAC WWSP
Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

Saturdays 3-7PM
February 25, 2012
Saturday Blue Plate Special "Nicknames in Blue"
Muddy Waters /Ooh Wee /Chess Masters '52-'58 /Chess
Whispering Smith /Storm in Texas /Bayou Blues Harp /Excello
Thunder Smith /Big Stars are Falliong /Texas Blues /Arhoolie
Lightnin' Hopkins /Remember Me /Herald Sessions /Buddah
Smokey Hogg /I'm Through with You /Angels in Harlem /Specialty
Sleepy John Estes /Milk Cow Blues /Blues Masters v12: Memphis /Rhino
H-Bomb Ferguson /Wine Head /Rock, H-Bomb, Rock!!! /Big Bang
Doctor Clayton /On the Killin' Floor /1935-1942 /Document
Stick McGhee /Dealin' from the Bottom /New York Blues /Ace
Piney Brown /Why Do I Cry Over You /Hoot and Holler Saturday Night /Delmark
T-Bone Walker /How Long Blues /T-Bone Blues /Atlantic
Hacksaw Harney /Oh Red /Sweet Man /Genes
Snooks Eaglin /I'm Not Ashamed /Soul's Edge /Black Top
Scrapper Blackwell /Hard Time Blues /Virtuoso Guitar of /Yazoo
Gatemouth Brown /My Time is Expensive /San Antonio Ballbuster /Charly
Hop Wilson /I Ain't Got No Woman /Houston Ghetto Blues /Bullseye
Lucky Peterson /Tribute to the King /I'm Ready /Verve
Booba Barnes /Louise, Louise Blues /Heartbroken Man /Rooster
BooBoo Davis /Headache /Can Man /Black and Tan
Curley Bridges /Since I Met You, Baby /Keys to the Blues /Electro-Fi
Magic Slim /Get Your Business Straight /Anything Can Happen /Blind Pig
Riley Blues Boy King /Darling, What Happened /Blues on the Bayou /MCA
Cadillac John /Ride My Mule /Crazy 'bout You /self
T-Model Ford /Cut You Loose /PeeWee Get Your Gun /Fat Possum
Studebaker John /Fast in the Slow Lane /Self Made Man /Avanti
Fabulous Thunderbirds /Full Time Lover /Girls Go Wild /Benchmark

New on the Menu

Contino /V-8 Ford /Back Porch Dogma /Blind Pig

Mark May Band /Move On /Release My Soul /Bad Fork

Heritage Blues Orchestra /C-Line Woman /And Still I Rise /Raisin Music
Otis Taylor /title track /Contraband /Telarc
Volker Strifler /Hoogie Boogie /Let the Music Rise /Vizztone

Saturday Blue Plate Special more "Regal Nicknames"
Beale Street Sheiks /Mr. Crump Don't Like It /Blues Masters v12: Memphis /Rhino
Mississippi Sheiks /Unhappy Blues /Best of /Columbia
Memphis Sheiks /title track /Slow Cooked Pig Meat /Inside Sounds
Chief Schabuttie /Come to Me Baby /Snakes Crawl at Night /Random Chance
Eddie "The Chief" Clearwater /Came Up the Hard Way /Boogie My Blues away /Delmark
Big Chief Ellis /All Down Blues /Featuring Tarheel Slim /Trix
Crown Prince Waterford /Time to Blow /Blues Everywhere /Westside
Duke Robillard /Lonesome Woman Blues /Blue Mood /Stony Plain
Blues Queen Sylvia /title track /Midnight Baby /Evidence
Black Ivory King /The Flying Crow /Texas Blues v2 /Catfish
King Edward /Things I Used to Do /Ace Blues Masters v4 /Rhino
King Ernest /Better Days /King of Hearts /Evidence
King Alex /title track /Hot as a Coffee Pot /Black Magic
King Curtis Ousley /I Have to Worry /Trouble in Mind /OBC
Jelly Roll Kings /Something on Your Mind /Rockin' the Juke Joint Down /Earwig
Hoodoo Kings /I Fought the Law /self titled /Telarc
Radio Kings /Count the Day /It Ain't Easy /Icehouse
Cash Box Kings /Feel Like Goin' Home /Holler and Stomp /Blind Pig

New on the Menu

Big James Montgomery /Lowdown Dirty Blues /THe Big Payback /Blind Pig

Joe Louis Walker /Soldier for Jesus /Hellfire /Alligator

Omar and the Howlers /Border Girl /Essential Collection v1 /Ruf

Mac Arnold's Blues Revival /Drivin' Wheel /Live at the Grey Eagle /Vizztone
Mary Bridget Davies /Gettin' Stronger /Wanna Feel Somethin' /self