PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 2/18/12

David Carrigan papajoe61@HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 18 19:03:59 EST 2012

My show # 643. The Saturday Blue Plate Special was part 3 of a series about blues artist's nicknames.  This time we concentrated on those with animal nicknames.  We started with a couple dishes of boastful or macho blues.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
Blues Cafe'
101 CAC WWSP
Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

Saturdays 3-7PM
February 18, 2012
Saturday Blue Plate Special "Boastful Blues"
Muddy Waters /Electric Man /Unk in Funk /Chess
Robert Nighthawk /Prowlin' Nighthawk Blues /When the Sun Goes Down v3 /RCA
Mr. Sad Head /Sad Head's Blues /Rhythm and Blues v6 /Membrane
Big Mama Thornton /They Call Me Big Mama /Women Blues Singers v2 /MCA
Hubert Sumlin /I Can't Lose with the Stuff I Use /Kings of Chicago Blues v2 /Vogue
Gary Primich /Ding Dong Daddy /Travelin' Mood /Flying Fish
Johnnie Bassett /Nice Guys Finish Last /The Gentleman is Back /Sly Dog
Texas Eastside Kings /Just Because My Beard is White /self titled /Dialtone
19th Street Red /Back Door Man /Street Dog /Red Top
Robert Bilbo Walker /I've Been a Fool /"Rompin' and Stompin'" /Fedora
Big T Terry Williams /Catfish Blues /Hellhounds in My Shadow /Stand on the Ocean
Big George Brock /Call Me a Lover /Club Caravan /Cat Head

New on the Menu
Volker Strifler /Going to Brownsville /Let the Music Rise /Vizztone
Lisa Mills /title track /Tempered in Fire /Mills Bluz

Omar and the Howlers /Essential Collection /Essential Collection v1 /Ruf

Suzanne and the Blues Church /Cheatin' on Me /The Cost of Love /Gorgeous Tone

Jumpin' Jack Benny /Let Your Love Go /I'll be Alright /Boppin'

Ruthie Foster /Everlasting Light /Let it Burn /Blue Corn

Sean Costello /Peace of Mind /At His Best - Live /LandSlide
Mac Arnold's Blues Revival /Gitty Up /Live at the Grey Eagle /Vizztone

Joe Louis Walker /What It's Worth /Hellfire /Alligator

Saturday Blue Plate Special more "Animal Nicknames"
Jaybird Coleman /Mean Trouble Blues /Blus Classics v2 /Sony
Junebug Bailey /Lee Street Blues /Red River Blues /Ace
Wesley Junebug Jefferson /The Wolves are Howling /Meet Me in the Cotton Field /Broke and Hungry
Skeeter Brandon /Gettin' Loaded /I'm a Man of My Word /New Moon
Luther Snake Johnson /title track /Lonesome in My Bedroom /Evidence
Johnny Big Moose Walker /Buryin' Ground /Swear to Tell the Truth /JSP
Johnny Yard Dog Jones /Don't Leave Me Broken Hearted /Ain't Gonna Worry /Earwig
Hound Dog Tayloer /Take Five /Natural Boogie /Alligator
Rattlesnake Cooper /Lost Woman /Texas Downhome Blues v1 /Fremeaux
Bull Moose Jackson /We Ain't Got Nothin' /1945-1947 /Classic Blues
Cow Cow Davenport /Rooster Crowin' Blues /Essential /Classic Blues
Bumble Bee Slim /Baby So Long /Essential v2 /Classic Blues
Tom Cat Courtney /I'm so Glad /Downsville Blues /Blue Witch
Jimmy Duck Holmes /Mystery Train /Done Got Tired of Tryin' /Broke and Hungry
Tabby Thomas /Hoodoo Party /Greatest Hits /Blue Beat
Bob The Bear Hite wi. Canned Heat /Evil Woman /Boogie With /Magic

New on the Menu

Tommy Lee Cook /Life is a Puzzle /Mailbox Money /Two Mules

Contino /Nothin' You Can Do /Back Porch Dogma /Blind Pig
Heritage Blues Orchestra /Hard Times /And Still I Rise /Raisin Music
Otis Taylor /Your Ten Dollar Bill /Contraband /Telarc
Mary Bridget Davies /Same Ol' Blues /Wanna Feel Somethin' /self

Microwave Dave /Goin' Dowtown /Last Time I Saw You /self
Mark May Band /Devil's Playpen /Release My Soul /Bad Fork
Big James Montgomery /That's Why I'm Crying /THe Big Payback /Blind Pig