Bonnie Raite will be a very special '

Chuck Winans chuckone@SBCGLOBAL.NET
Thu Feb 16 00:07:38 EST 2012

I believe Bonnie plays on a new recording project paying tribute to Memphis Minnie, spearheaded by Maria Muldaur.  Also on the project are Rory Block and the late Phoebe Snow.

Bonnie and Rory Block were born two days apart in November of 1949 and have been friends for years.  Maria is six years older than both and came out of the same east coast folk/blues scene as a lot of wonderfully talented players and writers including Paul Geremia, Tom Paxton, Dave Van Ronk, Chris Smither and so many others who are far more worthy of commercial success than they'll ever get.