Playlist: www.SoundsofBlue.com 2/15/12 Fund drive time!

Robert Putignano bob8003@YAHOO.COM
Wed Feb 15 15:35:52 EST 2012

2/15/2012: www.SoundsofBlue.com Playlist:
http://wfdu.radioactivity.fm/playlist.html?showoid=5771&date=02-15-2012
On Demand Replay:
http://wfdu.streamrewind.com/bookmarks/listen/53752
-Interviews: None - Fund drive time, so far during 5 shows almost $16,000
has been raised on the Sounds of Blue!
Births: Irma Thomas (71) Kimberly Allison (42) Esther Marrow (71) Maceo
Parker (69) Merl Saunders (78) Harold Land (84) Gene McDaniels (82) & more!
<New update:> For the 4th consecutive year: The Sounds of Blue is the 2011
most pledged to radio show at WFDU-FM which operates in Teaneck, NJ, 10
miles west of NYC, and brought in over $17,000, and all by its lonesome: and
covered 20% of the stations annual fund drive budget.
Check out the vastly improved & expanded Birthday look-up: search by date,
or by artist name (no longer case sensitive)
http://www.soundsofblue.com/birth.htm
For airplay consideration, please mail CD's to me at:
134 Overlook St. Mount Vernon, NY 10552
Text version of the Sounds of Blue for 2/15/12:
Time ∧  Title  Artist  Album  Label  Genre
09:00 am  Still Remember  Kimberly Allison  Beyond Blue
www.KimberlyAllison.com  Blues
09:15 am  Up and Down East Street  Maceo Parker  Roots Revisted  Minor
Music  Jazz
09:30 am  Compared to What  Les McCann & Eddie Harris  Swiss Movement
Atlantic  Jazz
09:41 am  Ummh  Harold Land  Bobby Hutcherson-San Francisco  Blue Note  Jazz
09:48 am  And When I Die  Esther Marrow  Sister Woman  Fantasy  Soul
09:54 am  If You Want It, Come and Get It  Irma Thomas  My Hearts in
Memphis  Rounder  Soul
09:58 am  Hallelujah I Love Her So  maceo parker  Mo' Roots  Verve  Soul
10:10 am  Can't You See  Marshall Tucker  The Essential Marshall Tucker
Band  Shout Factory  Classic Rock
10:21 am  The Thrill is Gone  Marshall Tucker Band  The Essential
Marshall   Blues
10:48 am  Everyday I have the Blues  Marshall Tucker Band  The Essential
Marshall Tucker Band  Shout Factory  Classic Rock
11:05 am  Hattie's Bathtub  Sugarcane Harris  Cup Full of Dreams
MPS-Promising Music
11:11 am  Everyday Will Be Like a Holiday  Warren Haynes  Man in Motion
Stax-Concord  Soul
11:17 am  Grandma's Hands  Cornell Dupree  I'm Alright
www.DialToneRecords.com  Soul
11:27 am  You Don't Know Nothing About Love  Mighty Sam McClain  One Drop Is
Plenty  www.MightySam.com  Soul
11:33 am  Got to get back  Bo-Keys  Got to get back  Electraphonic Records  Soul
11:39 am  Strange Brew  Papa John DeFrancesco  A Philadelphia Story
Savant  Jazz
11:45 am  Koko's Song  EG Kight  Lip Service  www.EGKight.com  Blues
11:50 am  That's How It Goes  Marcia Ball  Roadside Atrractions  Alligator
Records  Blues
12:05 pm  Money Honey  Legion of Mary  The Jerry Garcia Collection w/Merl
Saunders  www.JerryGarcia.com  Soul
12:15 pm  Expressway to Your Heart  Merl Saunders Jerry Garcia  KSAN
Broadcast 2/4/72  Boot  Soul
12:28 pm  Pass the Peas  Maceo Parker  Life on Planet Groove  Verve  Funk
12:38 pm  I Was Made to Love Her  Merl Saunders Jerry Garcia  Keepers
Fantasy  Soul
12:43 pm  Talkin' 'Bout You  Legion of Mary  Jerry Garcia Collection
www.JerryGarcia.com  Blues
12:54 pm  That's Alright, Mama  Merl Saunders Jerry Garcia  Live at Keystone
Volume II  Fantasy  Blues
12:58 pm  Imagine  Merl Saunders Jerry Garcia  Fire Up +  Fantasy  Classic Rock