Ponderosa Stomp

Reginald Burns ryburns@SWBELL.NET
Wed Feb 15 14:37:11 EST 2012

Per their email newsletter, there will not be a Ponderosa Stomp Festival in
2012. Following is from their e-newsletter.  Props to Dr. Ike and his Krewe for
all they've done over the years and continue to do:

The Ponderosa Stomp Foundation has decided to dedicate our focus in 2012 to our
educational and preservationist programs and activities. In the coming year, we
will concentrate on building an online archive of the important videos and audio
recordings we have collected, along with other projects that further our goals
in these fields. We are very proud of the huge number of incredible musicians
we've been able to showcase as well as building our film festival, music
conference and record show.

To prioritize the development these new programs, we will be moving the next
Ponderosa Stomp Festival to fall of 2013. The extra year in between festivals
will allow us the time and resources to focus on the Foundation's other
activities.

Our continued growth and success would not be possible without our fans, donors,
volunteers, collaborators and friends, so thank you from everyone at the Stomp
family. We hope to see everyone in New Orleans in 2013 and please look for
announcements in the coming months on our other exciting new program
developments.

Reg Burns -