No Ponderosa Stomp this year

Alan Lloyd alan.lloyd.3@GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 15 14:02:07 EST 2012

From: Ponderosa Stomp [mailto:newsletters@ponderosastompfoundation.org]
Sent: 15 February 2012 18:09
To: alan.lloyd.com@gmail.com
Subject: The Ponderosa Stomp in 2012
The Ponderosa Stomp in 2012

Over the past several years, the Ponderosa Stomp Foundation has had many
successes and triumphs to celebrate. We have:
Presented the 10th Annual Ponderosa Stomp Festival, which has expanded to
include a record show, Music History Conference, Clandestine Celluloid Film
Series, Hip Drop DJ Party, in addition to the two nights of legendary music
performances.
Curated The Secret History of Louisiana Rock n’ Roll, the first museum
exhibit of its kind – a much-belated celebration of the state’s formidable
contribution to American music. The exhibit is currently open at The
Louisiana State Museum.
Have seen The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum officially designate J &
M Studios a rock and roll landmark with an historic marker unveiling to
kick-off the 9th Annual Ponderosa Stomp music festival in New Orleans. Terry
Stewart, president and CEO of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum and
Ira "Dr. Ike" Padnos, co-founder of the Ponderosa Stomp, officially unveiled
the Rock Hall’s 11th landmark at 840 N. Rampart Street in the French Quarter
accompanied by Dave Bartholomew and Cosimo Matassa, two of the men that made
J&M extraordinary. This year, Cosimo will be inducted into the Rock and Roll
Hall of Fame.

Launched an annual Music History Conference in partnership with the Rock 'n'
Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. The Conference brings together American music
historians, writers, educators and musicians to explore the heritage of
American music through panel discussions and oral histories. Footage of
conference interviews is archived at the Stomp, as well as the Rock Hall,
capturing a significant repository of cultural history.
Presented amazing summer concert and educational events in New York City in
association with Lincoln Center for The Performing Arts for the last three
years. One of the highlights of the collaborations was honoring the late
Wardell Quezergue, one the giants of American music history, with a tribute
as part of the Lincoln Center Festival. Another highlight was last year’s
amazing She’s Got the Power! A Girl Group Extravaganza, presented in
association with Lincoln Center Out of Doors presented by Lincoln Center for
The Performing Arts.
Partnered with The Recording Academy® Memphis Chapter to present the panel
and networking event, Advocating for New Orleans' Historical Music
Treasures, which focused on why/how New Orleans should celebrate its local
historical music treasures and locations and how it can market them to the
world.

Over the years we have grieved, also. We have lost many music legends, like
Hubert Sumlin, Wardell Quezergue and Howard Tate just this past year,
reminding us how finite the opportunity is to ensure the stories of American
music heroes are captured and made available for the history books.
In light of this, The Ponderosa Stomp Foundation has decided to dedicate our
focus in 2012 to our educational and preservationist programs and
activities. In the coming year, we will concentrate on building an online
archive of the important videos and audio recordings we have collected,
along with other projects that further our goals in these fields. We are
very proud of the huge number of incredible musicians we've been able to
showcase as well as building our film festival, music conference and record
show.
To prioritize the development these new programs, we will be moving the next
Ponderosa Stomp Festival to fall of 2013. The extra year in between
festivals will allow us the time and resources to focus on the Foundation's
other activities.
Our continued growth and success would not be possible without our fans,
donors, volunteers, collaborators and friends, so thank you from everyone at
the Stomp family. We hope to see everyone in New Orleans in 2013 and please
look for announcements in the coming months on our other exciting new
program developments.

Support the Stomp
Ponderosa Stomp Foundation
Artist & Events

Ponderosa Stomp Blog
Follow Us on Twitter
Visit Us on Facebook

©2010 Ponderosa Stomp Foundation

This email was sent to alan.lloyd.com@gmail.com. To ensure that you continue
receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe list.

manage your preferences | opt out using TrueRemove®.

email marketing by Bent Media