Obamas Celebrate Blues Music

coolamps@GMAIL.COM coolamps@GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 14 18:09:05 EST 2012

How come they didn't call Clapton, Robert Cray and Jimmie Vaughan? OK,
Jimmie supports Ron Paul.
I love BB and Jimmie is really one of a kind but I'm getting sick and
tired to see always the same gang representing The Blues.

Nowadays 15 seconds like this (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_DOnKJ232M ) can blow away 20 years of
Buddy Guy trying to "hendrixfy" the blues.
I cannot believe that between Chicago and New Orleans they couldn't
find something more genuine than the same old "We Are The Blues ones
featuring Mick Jagger". Rumour has Jeff Beck and Mick Jagger joined by
Mayall, Clapton and Page will also celebrate blues music at Buckingham
Palace. Clapton, the most qualified of them all, will also explain Her
Majesty that the first embryonic 12-bar blues song was composed in
India in the 18th century by an unknown soldier of the British Empire
;)

If they just wanted to pay a tribute to the famous survivors then Lazy
Lester should be there. Louisiana Red as well. James Cotton was on
stage with Muddy at Newport and made so many fine recordings (IMHO
probably more than Buddy).
Unfortunately Hubert passed but, fortunately, "2012 KBA Manager of The
Year" is still not tempted to pick up a guitar and go on stage trying
to play the 'Killing Floor' intro! And it's still a good new for the
blues.
I promised myself not to talk about 2012 KBA Awards (and I mean
especially THAT award) since it was overlooked (!!!) by everybody here
(how come you all got that shy all of a sudden?). You see, I couldn't
resist...

Riccardo