Eric's Blues Dates - February 14th

MARK SCHOSSOW yupduluth@msn.com
Tue Feb 14 04:11:20 EST 2012

My Grandmother was a Ness.Pure Norwegian. We had a guy who was doing  family tree. A life work.When she found out she was traced back to Eric the Red,she was pissed off.She new He wernt a Protestant. His work was horse apples.His son was Lief, last name of Erickson. Eric the Red cuza blood,cuz he was berzerker throgh and thru.All true.Though she stood 4' 10" she was a bit of a berzerker her self. She took a coathanger and she could whip her five boys clean outa the house..Apples withered.Gulch heifers  100 miles away calved early.She would turn over in her grave if I had not argued with y'all. No point.Just liked to argue.Lief was Eric's son,thus Ericsson. True there to.Back in them days,they would identify you by your father. As in don't get him pissed,thats bloody Eric's son.She could quote the bible,hangin upside down,from the only tree in North Dakota,in reverse,diggin in the garden with eye's,  weeds best not show up.So ya see,if ur Norwegion,you just plain argue,and take an ax,to anyone who disagreed.Thus Eriks bloody again.Someone argued with him.......
Thats all.I guess.But, I made my point.She woulda been Gramma the red,if I had not argued.
     Mark.

Yup say...Ya dont need to own no shoes to dance da Blues.

-----Original Message-----

From: Eric A Simonsen
Sent: 14 Feb 2012 04:59:56 GMT
To: BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Subject: Re: Eric's Blues Dates - February 14th

Dick - you are correct. And btw, that Eric and this Eric went to high school together and had competing folk groups. That Eric was two years ahead of me at Amherst High School in a Buffalo NY suburb. I saw him perform in a small coffee house in Providence RI about ten years ago. I brought a yearbook with me from our high school . He was not happy to see it.
Eric Simonsen - a Norwegian

Sent from my iPhone