Grammys

Jimmy Jacobs jacobslawoffice@GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 13 15:54:30 EST 2012

The video has been pulled apparently.

I also heard that Springsteen did a number from his new cd.  I will get to see him (and the Beach Boys) at jazz fest this year ... along with a lot of great blues players.

I would like to see the Grammy organization put the old categories back in but I don't expect that will happen.

-----Original Message-----
From: Blues Music List [mailto:BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM] On Behalf Of Brat
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 2:43 PM
To: BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Subject: Re: Grammys

Bonnie Raitt and Alicia Keys Grammy's 2012 performance in tribute to Etta James.

 www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aq4J6jM7Y0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The Grammys remembered Don Cornilius as well.

Tedeschi Trucks Band thanked several late legends, Pinetop Perkins, Etta James, Hubert Sumlin and Honeyboy Edwards, after winning Best Blues Album. (Even though we didn't get to see that part on TV!) And Devon Allman posted a pic on facebook of Gregg Allman with his Lifetime Achievement Award. The Beach Boys sang too with help from others. 10ish yrs ago I was alone in a green room with Brian Wilson, Christopher Cross, and Paul Shaffer. I sat on a sofa and talked with Brian Wilson, who could hardly hold a conversation. He seemed to make it through the song last night.

Adele swept the Grammys, as expected. Shes amazing.

They paid tribute to those who passed. They included Pinetop, Hubert, and Honeyboy ♥ then Jennifer Hudson sang I Will Always Love You. Very few people could have pulled that off. She did.

www.facebook.com/amy.brat
www.facebook.com/BratGirlmedia
www.twitter.com/BluesBrat