28th IBC Results

scottcable@AOL.COM scottcable@AOL.COM
Fri Feb 10 10:36:29 EST 2012

Damon is a fantastic talent. I produced his two Blind Pig releases and it was a pleasure to work with him .In regards to my post about the IBC being a popularity contest and really not representative of the state of the blues several people didnt seem to get that I wa refering to matters on a local level. Of course the finals judges really barely know who the acts are until hey hit the stage in most cases. I was a finals judge several years ago and that was the case for me. I enjoyed the last IBC trip I took. I mainly hung with friends and saw an act here and there but it was probably my last trip to them.The content seems to just not be for me. A lot of people seem to enjoy it so its good for the city of Memphis. Has anyone on the list been to the Jus Blues awards?? I  may have mangeled the name but it is the event primarily focused on black arists their recordings. I would like t go this year......I like their choices in nominees. I think Kenny Neal and I picked up an award from them for Let Life Flow but Im not sure.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: cybergaloot <cybergaloot@COMCAST.NET>
To: BLUES-L <BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM>
Sent: Fri, Feb 10, 2012 10:05 am
Subject: Re: 28th IBC Results

I've seen and recorded Damon several times now and he has become one of my
personal favorites in the Americana genre (for lack of a better term). Damn nice
guy too. Just recently the Bradfordville Blues Club had "Southern Hospitality"
which is Damon, JP Soars and Victor Wainwright all together. Don't miss them if
they come your way, either together or individually!

On a IBC related note, the Bradfordville Blues Club had a last minute show last
night by the Bart Walker Band (2nd place in the 2012 IBC & winner of the Albert
King Award). He can get a bit on the blues rock side of things but is quite good
in my opinion. He's certainly not just about a billion notes per second .
--
Walter