28th IBC Results

MARK SCHOSSOW yupduluth@MSN.COM
Wed Feb 8 21:41:31 EST 2012

Thanks to Scott and Ms. Ricky for setting me straight. I could not afford to go,nor would my health.
    I should not spout so much.The list is as you are like family for a guy whose lacking in that area.
     I write.It is my sustained release to forgetting my pain.Because of the cns disease,I cannot use opiades for pain as when it kills my nerves that pump/engage the resperatory system, depress that nerve that works my mucsel,that engage my lunvs,I write this,not for sympathy but to let you know why.Blues -l is so much more than a forum,and lets me release the stresses of which I suppress.Also I feel that for everyone to ?  Ur beliefs and values that I challenge myself also.
    We have come so far in this nation,about the racism which have been in small groups, and will allways exist.In other areas of the world,it has been going on for centurys,and thousands of years.We have been an example to all of them.USA has come so far compared to a list to long to print.President Obama is a proven fact,that we have come  a long way, and many folks challanged their beliefs and the majority made their choices as different from embeded in their forfathers,and felt that it ends with themselves. What a wonderful nation.And I am speaking of the people,not the political regium,but "WE".We go forward with this.Folk who remain ignorant ,are to be ridiculously chassened as fools.
      I am with Ms.Bonnie on preserving the original music,but are we be able to do both? I believe Blues can be preserved,And other folks may try and lable themselves as Blues folk,but those will stand or fall accordingly.Their are some who are descended from the greats and are doing that which wouldn't be catagorised as those from which they sprang.
   So I will not challenge as I have done.....unless I want to.But will look closer to the meaning of 326 out of 326,000,000.Like I said earier,ya'll are the cream of the Bluesworld and all are unique.So rare these day's. I have been with ya's for only 5 years,don't get much attention,but am cbastised wen needed.I jist love that quality in the member's who are on the list and make me who is the one to be challenged.Thanks for the fun as the forums  can accomplish.
                Truly unique meself,Mark Shozsow.Please keep the prayers for the blindman named Billy in Scotland.

Yup say...Ya dont need to own no shoes to dance da Blues.

-----Original Message-----

From: scottcable@AOL.COM
Sent: 9 Feb 2012 00:38:44 GMT
To: BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Subject: Re: 28th IBC Results

I have been watching this thread for a bit  and it is a familiar topic but enjoayable to follow. I feel pretty much the same as Hash.  I have actually been paying less and less attention to the current blue scene as the bands that people seem to like in no way ,shape or form appeal to me. I love Americana and other forms of music but to my ears Lurrie Bell, Billy Branch, Joe Louis Walker and a few others are the only working artists that appeal to my tastes in blues. I like Taj a lot and a few others that I really enjoy do not even consider themslves blues artists but fan catorigize them as that. The IBC is not what I would call indicative of the real state of Blues but reflects the tastes of a Blues Societies and their members. There are many bands beter than those represented but are not in the good graces of a society or dont have the funds to travel and or enter. Contests such as this and award shows these days are not as much about musical content as it is a popularity contest....Jus my two cents.