28th IBC Results

MARK SCHOSSOW yupduluth@MSN.COM
Wed Feb 8 09:17:45 EST 2012

Why do you want? Petition to have all bands vote...all in the world for the judges.I recived a pod of a one armed Scotsman with a beer in his hand,playin the pipes and singing..
.......in texas,sinving traditional Blues.He played the delta, chicago,all traditional.Mark

Yup say...Ya dont need to own no shoes to dance da Blues.

-----Original Message-----

From: John Durr
Sent: 8 Feb 2012 05:34:55 GMT
To: BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Subject: Re: 28th IBC Results

As some one who travelled from Australia, along with 4 Australian acts, we were excited to be in the "Holy Land" of the Blues.

When I tell USA participants that Blues festivals now take place in Nepal, India, Thailand, Indonesia etc, they are very surprised.

We honor and respect the originators of this great and monumental artistic form, but it now belongs to all of mankind. The IBC is a great melting pot of styles of Blues, as well as nationalities. I have my favourites, as I am certain we all do. But glory to the range and abilities of the acts, especially in the final, which covered the gamut from an acoustic version of Son House to wailing Soul/Blues, hard rockin' Blues rock, exciting jump Blues, extraordinary vocal acrobatics and some real driving funk.

It was great and what a job judging it!!

John Durr
Black Market Music
GPO Box 4832
Melbourne VIC 3001