28th IBC Results

MARK SCHOSSOW yupduluth@msn.com
Tue Feb 7 17:31:50 EST 2012

No one should have to apologize for they're opinion.You do not wanna tick anyone off.You, in my opinion should tick anyone you want,off,as much as you want.
       Sometimes I am a devils advocate. I wish to only make people challenge themselves. Our nation,is fpunded on freedom of expression.Speech,religion and the right to git on and express that with the freedom to assembly wit ur peoples.Tho this nation trys to surpress this at times,the people in majority win.As far as people of color ,they have been outnumbering caucasion for over ten years,twelve I believe.
    Its scary to me to have a pres named mitt or newt.Racism is not dead but the majority prevailed,or prevailing.
     I am sorry if Bluesfolk are not wanting to post cuz it mite cause a shitstorm.At times I am in bodacious pain.Writing lets me forget to whine. It's what I am..
     In closeing Id like to quote that first navy seal Popey; I yam what I yam and thats all I yam.
     Situationally,it is, It is what it is and thats all it is.in closing  Id say this,yea kekekeke.Popeye,1962. Never be wary of ur freedom of speech nor expression.If I had a part in doing that,don't let me..
       Your brother in Blues, Mark

Yup say...Ya dont need to own no shoes to dance da Blues.

-----Original Message-----

From: hashbb@AOL.COM
Sent: 6 Feb 2012 23:59:02 GMT
To: BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Subject: Re: 28th IBC Results

 Congrats to all the winners. It is a long hard road to even get to the point that you get
selected to go to Memphis, and this is a major accomplishment for all of those who get to compete,
and especially the winners. I checked out videos by all of the winners(except Dr Don from Sydney).
At the risk of opening a bad can of worms here, and don't please don't take this the wrong way, There
is a lot of talent in all of the winning bands presented here. Just to my ears I hear a lot of rock and folk and Pop, but not very
much Blues content. I am not trying to throw my tastes onto any one, or come off as having some preconceived notion of
what is or is not or should not be Blues. I'm not saying whether this is a good or bad thing, just that I hear a major shift
of Blues melding into something else. I see it on all the rosters of the major festivals, and in a lot of releases.
It is the same in Country, Pop, and other music. I was just wondering
if anyone else felt that way? Once again, this is not meant to slight any of the winners or participants
in this event, this is all a win for the Blues and Memphis tourism in general.
HB