28th IBC Results

MARK SCHOSSOW yupduluth@msn.com
Tue Feb 7 06:34:43 EST 2012

And between you and I Chuck,when my teacher would ask what we wanted to do wen we grew up,som kids would say " cowboy" and I would say "no you don't".after greenbreakin the cow pony's, trackin down the gulch heifers on open range,in rain mixed with snow to help my grampa with spring calving, and then on breaks have to do homework sent from Mn., I hadn't heard any Blues yet,or r&r either,I was beggining to understand What the Blues were,in my compression of them.
       I would never miss a Blues concert after I was 13.It was strange,that in St.Paul, ,sometimes my friends that I talked into checking them out,were part of the few,in the later sixties who were among a definate minority of white faces .Buddy guy was my first.Never looked back.
                                     Yup

Yup say...Ya dont need to own no shoes to dance da Blues.

-----Original Message-----

From: Chuck Winans
Sent: 7 Feb 2012 01:28:40 GMT
To: BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Subject: Re: 28th IBC Results

Interesting thought.  Along a similar vein, I wonder if, had performers like Jimmy Rogers, Junior Wells, Luther Allison, Magic Sam, Freddy King, Albert Collins or any other great blues performer, had the opportunity to make a huge amount of money by recording/releasing a song that made the top-10 on the pop charts (crossing over from R&B charts) whether they would care that much it sounded like "blues" as we may define it now.

Interesting to speculate on, for sure.