28th IBC Results

MARK SCHOSSOW yupduluth@msn.com
Tue Feb 7 06:06:41 EST 2012

Since I waz around 9-10 yrs.old,I was sent to my grandpa's ranch in ND. To help him in the fall with harvest and the spring with calving. At that time,NO-ONE did anything  but traditional C.W.,Kitty Wells,Ferlin Husky,etc.The only Hank Williams sr.song I heard waz "Good night Irene ".
       As I got a bit older,and heard more of him,I personally believe that he had a foot in both the Blues and Country.a cpuple decades later, Waylon Jennings sang I" wonder if Hank woulda  done it this way" and today, as Hank sr. as I hear Him, He was the first white man in my memory to do the Blues.
                 Mark Schossow

Yup say...Ya dont need to own no shoes to dance da Blues.

-----Original Message-----

From: Chuck Winans
Sent: 7 Feb 2012 01:28:40 GMT
To: BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Subject: Re: 28th IBC Results

Interesting thought.  Along a similar vein, I wonder if, had performers like Jimmy Rogers, Junior Wells, Luther Allison, Magic Sam, Freddy King, Albert Collins or any other great blues performer, had the opportunity to make a huge amount of money by recording/releasing a song that made the top-10 on the pop charts (crossing over from R&B charts) whether they would care that much it sounded like "blues" as we may define it now.

Interesting to speculate on, for sure.