28th IBC Results

Chuck Winans chuckone@SBCGLOBAL.NET
Mon Feb 6 20:25:13 EST 2012

Interesting thought.  Along a similar vein, I wonder if, had performers like Jimmy Rogers, Junior Wells, Luther Allison, Magic Sam, Freddy King, Albert Collins or any other great blues performer, had the opportunity to make a huge amount of money by recording/releasing a song that made the top-10 on the pop charts (crossing over from R&B charts) whether they would care that much it sounded like "blues" as we may define it now.

Interesting to speculate on, for sure.