28th IBC Results

hashbb@AOL.COM hashbb@AOL.COM
Mon Feb 6 18:53:26 EST 2012

 Congrats to all the winners. It is a long hard road to even get to the point that you get
selected to go to Memphis, and this is a major accomplishment for all of those who get to compete,
and especially the winners. I checked out videos by all of the winners(except Dr Don from Sydney).
At the risk of opening a bad can of worms here, and don't please don't take this the wrong way, There
is a lot of talent in all of the winning bands presented here. Just to my ears I hear a lot of rock and folk and Pop, but not very
much Blues content. I am not trying to throw my tastes onto any one, or come off as having some preconceived notion of
what is or is not or should not be Blues. I'm not saying whether this is a good or bad thing, just that I hear a major shift
of Blues melding into something else. I see it on all the rosters of the major festivals, and in a lot of releases.
It is the same in Country, Pop, and other music. I was just wondering
if anyone else felt that way? Once again, this is not meant to slight any of the winners or participants
in this event, this is all a win for the Blues and Memphis tourism in general.
HB

-----Original Message-----
From: usblue5 <usblue5@AOL.COM>
To: BLUES-L <BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM>
Sent: Mon, Feb 6, 2012 10:29 am
Subject: 28th IBC Results

This is off the Blues Foundation Website.

28th International Blues Challenge Results!!

Quickly, to the point, the winner of the band competition is: The WIRED! Band

(Washington Blues Society)

The winner of the solo/duo competition is: Ray Bonneville (Ozark Blues Society

of Northwest Arkansas)

The other winners are: Band-2nd place: The Bart Walker Band (Nashville Blues

Society); Band-3rd Place: Paula Harris (The Golden Gate Blues Society);

Solo/Duo-2nd Place: Dr. Don's Double Dose Sydney Blues Society

Also, the Gibson Guitarist Award went to: Bart Walker ; and the Lee Oskar Top

Harmonica Player was awarded to: Randy McQuay .

The Best Self Produced CD was judged to be: Where I'm Coming From... - Dave

Keller .

The Gibson guitar autographed by Blues Music Award nominees was won by Chris

Hardwick