28th IBC Results

Jimmy Jacobs jacobslawoffice@KNOLOGY.NET
Mon Feb 6 12:01:35 EST 2012

Dom sent me a link to his daily blog posts from Memphis.  Really made me
wish (even more) that I could have been there.  I look forward to
opportunities to hear the winners as well as others folks have posted about.

http://bluesbeatnews.wordpress.com/

Jimmy

-----Original Message-----
From: Blues Music List [mailto:BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM] On Behalf Of
usblue5@AOL.COM
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012 10:22 AM
To: BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Subject: 28th IBC Results

This is off the Blues Foundation Website.

28th International Blues Challenge Results!!
Quickly, to the point, the winner of the band competition is: The WIRED!
Band (Washington Blues Society)

The winner of the solo/duo competition is: Ray Bonneville (Ozark Blues
Society of Northwest Arkansas)

The other winners are: Band-2nd place: The Bart Walker Band (Nashville Blues
Society); Band-3rd Place: Paula Harris (The Golden Gate Blues Society);
Solo/Duo-2nd Place: Dr. Don's Double Dose Sydney Blues Society

Also, the Gibson Guitarist Award went to: Bart Walker ; and the Lee Oskar
Top Harmonica Player was awarded to: Randy McQuay .

The Best Self Produced CD was judged to be: Where I'm Coming From... - Dave
Keller .

The Gibson guitar autographed by Blues Music Award nominees was won by Chris
Hardwick