Playlist: www.SoundsofBlue.com 9/19/11 w/Ivan Appelrouth

Robert Putignano bob8003@YAHOO.COM
Mon Sep 19 13:54:30 EDT 2011

9/19 Playlist:
http://www.spinitron.com/public/index.php?station=wfdu&month=Dec&year=2007&calview=&playlist=1480
Playback: http://wfdu.streamrewind.com/bookmarks/listen/52516
-Interviews: Guitarist Ivan Appelrouth
Births: Roy Buchanan (72) Eric Gale (73) Lee Ritenour (59) Irene Reid (81)
Les McCann (76) Steve Marcus (72) Michael Franks (67) Henry Kaiser (59( Gene
Dinwiddie (75) & more!
<New update:> For the 4th consecutive year: The Sounds of Blue is the 2011
most pledged to radio show at WFDU-FM which operates in Teaneck, NJ, 10
miles west of NYC, and brought in over $17,000, and all by its lonesome: and
covered 20% of the stations annual fund drive budget.
Check out the vastly improved & expanded Birthday look-up: search by date,
or by artist name (no longer case sensitive)
http://www.soundsofblue.com/birth.htm
For airplay consideration, please mail CD's to me at:
134 Overlook St. Mount Vernon, NY 10552
The text version of the 9/19/2011 Sounds of Blue play-list:
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------
6:00am
Flashback Hour “http://wfdu.fm” from More Hallucinations on Wednesday
10-11:00am SINGLE (www.SoundsofBlue.com)Buy it!
6:07am
Steve Marcus (birthday #72) “Call To The Higher Conciousness” from Larry
Coryell-Barefoot Boy (Flying Dutchman-One Way-BMG)Buy it!
6:26am
Michael Franks (birthday #67) “Can't Seem To Shake This Rock 'N' Roll” from
Previously Unvailable-1st Michael Franks LP (DRG-CD - Brut-LP)Buy it!
6:30am
Brother Gene Dinwiddie (birthday #75) “Seflish People” from Full Moon (self
titled) (Douglas-LP - Archives-CD)Buy it!
6:38am
Les McCann (birthday #76) “Beaux J. Poo Boo” from Invitation to Openness
(Atlantic-Label M (Joel Dorn))Buy it!
6:51am
Lee Ritenour (birthday #59) “Lay It Down w/John Scofield” from 6 String
Theory (Concord)Buy it!
6:57am
Eric Gale (birthday #73) “Home Groovin'” from Junior Mance-With a Lotta Help
>From My Friends (Atlantic-Collectables)Buy it!
7:06am
EG Kight “Sugar Daddies” from Lip Service (www.EGKight.com)Buy it!
7:09am
Irene Reid (birthday #81) “Movin' Out of the Neighborhood” from Movin' Out
(Savant)Buy it!
7:18am
Mighty Sam McClain “You Don't Know Nothing About Love” from Mighty Sam
McClain-Knut Reiersrud-One Drop Is Plenty (Valley Entertainment)Buy it!
7:24am
Deep Blue Organ Trio “As” from Wonderful (Origin)Buy it!
7:30am
Ivan Appelrouth “Olsen Ranch Shuffle (take 2)” composed by Interview w/Ivan
Appelrouth from Blue and Instrumental SINGLE (www.EllerSoulRecords.com)Buy it!
7:35am
EG Kight “Goodbye” from Lip Service (www.EGKight.com)Buy it!
7:39am
Ivan Appelrouth “T-Boned Again” from Blue and Instrumental SINGLE
(www.EllerSoulRecords.com)Buy it!
7:56am
Ivan Appelrouth “Blues a la King” from Blue and Instrumental SINGLE
(www.EllerSoulRecords.com)Buy it!
8:03am
The Levon Helm Band “Chest Fever” from Ramble at the Ryman (Vanguard
Records)Buy it!
8:10am
Warren Haynes “Man In Motion” (Stax)Buy it!
8:18am
Brother Gene Dinwiddie (birthday #75) “Gene's Tune” from The Butterfield
Blues Band Live (Deluxe Edition) (Rhino Handmade)Buy it!
8:31am
Michael Franks (birthday #67) “Sometimes I Just Forget to Smile” from The
Art of Tea (Reprise)Buy it!
8:40am
Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band “Backwater Blues” from How I Go-Special Edition
(Roadrunner Records)Buy it!
8:47am
Roy Buchanan (birthday #72) “Done Your Daddy Dirty” from American Axe-Live
in 1974 (Powerhouse)Buy it!
8:54am
Henry Kaiser (birthday #59) “Mason's Children” from Eternity Blue
(Shanachie)Buy it!
8:59am
The Crusaders “Scratch <the sometimes closing theme song)” from Scratch
(Blue Thumb - MCA)