More on Coco - RIP

Jimmy Jacobs jacobslawoffice@GMAIL.COM
Sun Nov 27 16:32:04 EST 2011

>From Pat's List in NOLA:

CoCo just came back from a six day visit to his daughter in Atlanta
.. with no alcohol .. walked in the Apple Barrel ..
  told everyone how good he felt
.. and left this Earth for Spiritland ...

Curtis John Arceneaux (born October 25, 1947 died November 25, 2011), better
known by the name Coco Robicheaux, is an American musician and artist from
Ascension Parish, Louisiana, USA. Arceneaux took his stage name from a
Louisiana legend in which a naughty child called Coco Robicheaux is abducted
by a werewolf (Loup Garou). The name "Coco Robicheaux" is repeated in the
song "I Walk on Guilded Splinters" from Dr. John the Night Tripper's 1968
album, Gris-Gris.

Robicheaux appeared in the episode "Hotshots", of the USA Network series Big
Easy, playing a New Orleans musician named "Coco", who had sold his soul to
the devil. Two of Robicheaux's songs were also featured in the episode,
"Broken String" and "Spiritland". Coco Robicheaux appeared as himself in the
second episode of HBO's Treme, first broadcast in the US on April 18, 2010.

Discography

   * Spiritland (Orleans 1994)
   * Louisiana Medicine Man (Orleans 1998)
   * Hoodoo Party (Orleans 2000)
   * Yeah, U Rite! (Spiritland 2005)
   * Like I Said, Yeah, U Rite! (Spiritland 2008)
   * Revelator (Spiritland 2010)