PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 11/26/11

David Carrigan papajoe61@HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 26 18:54:54 EST 2011

My show # 631.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was the beginning of a series looking at blues artists and their nick names. This week's special was called "Size Matters".  Also a listen to some tuneage from 50 years ago.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
Blues Cafe' WWSP
Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

Saturdays 3-7PM
November 26, 2011
Golden Anniversary Blues - 1961.
Muddy Waters /Lonesome Room Blues /One More Mile /Chess
Bobby Bland /I Pity the Fool /Two Steps from the Blue /MCA
Willie Cobbs /You Don't Love Me /Best of VeeJay v5 /Collectables
Elmore James /Standing at the Crossroads /King of the Slide Guitar v1 /Capricorn
Sam Myers /Poor Little Angel Child /Blues Harmonica Wizards /Official
Jimmy Reed /Bright Lights, Big City /Best of VeeJay v5 /Collectables
Junior Wells /I'm a Stranger /Chief Recordings '57-'63 /Paula
Mercy Dee Walton /Pity and a Shame /Bluesville Years v10 /Prestige
Big Mama Thornton /You Did Me Wrong /Baytone Records Story /Gold Dust

New on the Menu

Toby Walker /What's the Matter Now /Shake Shake Mama /LTW
Amy Hart /title track /Congratulations /Painted Rock
Harrison Kennedy /Trouble /Shame the Devil /Electro-Fi

Larry Garner /Show Me That You Love Me /Here Today, Gone Tomorrow /Dixie Frog
Kilborn Alley Blues Band /Going Hard /Four /Blue Bella

Omar Coleman /Mojo Hand /West Side Wiggle /Honeybee

Cash Box Kings /Oh, My Baby's Gone /Holler and Stomp /Blind Pig

Etta James /In the Evening /The Dreamer /Verve Forecast
David Maxwell /Marie /Conversations in Blue /Circumstantial
Solid Dairy Band /Empty Heart /single /self
Savoy Brown /Natural Man /Voodoo Moon /Ruf
Sista Monica Parker /ForecaFierce Force of Nature /Livin' in the Danger Zone /Mo' Muscle

Chick Willis /My Fannie Mae /Let the Blues Speak for Itself /Benevolent

Root Doctor /Use This Love /Joy /Root Doctor
Toronzo Cannon /Open Letter /Leaving Mood /Delmark

Lionel Young Band /Drivin' Wheel /On Our Way to Memphis /Dexofon
Paul Geremia /Shuckin' Sugar Blues /Love My Stuff /Red House
Ernest Roy /title track /Goin' Down to Clarksdale /JuneBug Productions

Johnny Winter /Dust My Broom /Roots /Megaforce

Sharon Lewis /Mother Blues /The Real Deal /Delmark

Birthday Boys and Girls 11/26
Bernard Allison /A Woman Named Trouble /Energized /Ruf
Clara McDaniel /What Can I Do to Change Your Mind? /Unwanted Child /HMG
Hosea Leavey /Hey Boss /Cold Tacos and Warm Beer /Fedora
Tina Turner /title track /Bold Soul Sister /Blue Thumb

Saturday Blue Plate Special "What's in a (Nick) Name"
part 1 this week, "Size Matters"
Baby Tate /Baby, You Just Don't Know /Bluesville Years v6 /Prestige
Tiny Bradshaw /Snaggle Tooth Ruth /Walk That Mess /WestSide
PeeWee Crayton /I Found My Peace of Mind /Best of VeeJay v3 /Collectables
Little Walter /Blue Midnight /Harmonica Blues v2 '46-'52 /Fremeaux
Long John Hunter /Love Prevails /Swinging from the Rafters /Alligator
Hollywood Fats /I Got My Eyes on You /Rock This House /Black Top
Big Mojo Elem /So Sad to be Lonesome /Mojo Boogie /St. George
Big Lucky Carter /We Should be More Cohesive /Lucky 13 /Blueside
Little Whitt and Big Bo /Can't be Satisfied /Moody Swamp Blues /Vent
Tiny Kennedy /Early in the Morning, Baby /Strange Kind of Feeling /Alligator
Big Walter /Under the Sun /with Carey Bell /Alligator
Memphis Slim /St. Louis Woman /The Come Back /Delmark
Big Mama Thornton /How Come /Peacock Recordings /MCA
Chubby Newsome /Please Throw This Poor Dog a Bone /Jump 'n Shout /Delmark

New on the Menu

Hans Theessink /CI Got a Woman /Jedermann remixed soundtrack /ORF
Sharrie Williams /title track /Out of the Dark /Electro-Fi
Nick Moss /Long Haul Jockey /Here I Am /Blue Bella
Bobby Rush /Sniffer /Show You a Good Time /Deep Rush

Duke Robillard /Quicksand /Low Down and Tore Up /Stony Plain

Steve Gerard and the National Debonaires /My Baby /Voodoo Workin' /Blue Edge

Louisiana Red /Your Lovin' Man /Memphis Mojo /Ruf

Big Pete /Can't You See What You're Doin' to Me /Choice Cuts /Delta Groove