Smokey Hogg / Bug Scuffle Texas / Cushing Texas

Terry Groff (Montgomery) terrygroff@SBCGLOBAL.NET
Wed Nov 23 17:19:00 EST 2011

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:57:24 -0600, mannish <mannish@WINDSTREAM.NET> wrote:

>I am curious to what became of Smokey LOGG - he was  a crazy dude but
>talking Paul Size a long time it sounded like he had settled down some. ??
>
>On 11/21/2011 9:21 PM, chuck 249 wrote:
>> Smokey Hogg is another in a long line of Texas blues musicians, some
>> alive, most already gone, that more people should be aware of. Most on
>> this are familiar with his name, but the waitress at the 7th Street
>> Cafe in Cushing Tx had never heard of him....and that little town (pop
>> 612, looks more like a town of 61) is not so big that fame could be
>> lost in the shuffle. She knows about him now...just like I know Texas
>> Monthly magazine was right when they called the little Cushing cafe
>> one of the best home-cooking spots in the state.
>>
>> After all, most of the books list Cushing Tx as the birthplace of Mr
>> Hogg...but when I passed through there a couple of months ago, I
>> noticed an older black man setting outside of the gtown's gas station,
>> stopped and asked him if he knew Smokey Hogg....he said sure, his
>> sister still stays up there near Bug Scuffle. Checkout my photos
>> related to Cushing and Bug Scuffle, Texas.
>>
>> https://picasaweb.google.com/hhs249/SmokeyHogg
>>

>> Smokey Hogg Story
>>
>> http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=4320.0
>>
>> A few Smokey Hogg Tunes on YouTube
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjqqRD44fWs&feature=artist
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1FsMvifaV0&feature=related
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYIXTk5GW84&feature=related
>>

>> Additional info on Cushing Tx
>>
>> http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hlc64
>>
>> chuck, in dallas

>> -----
>> No virus found in this message.

Smokey had an extreme life-changing experience and has since calmed down
immensely. Without being specific, I would not wish this experience on
anyone. But, should it happen to you, I'm sure it would change your life as
well.

It is a true blues story and probably in the public records in Dallas if you
want to research it.