PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 5/28/11

David Carrigan papajoe61@HOTMAIL.COM
Sat May 28 19:20:27 EDT 2011

My show #610.   Today the Saturday Blue Plate Special was a birthday bash for Cal Valentine and T-Bone Walker.  Also tuneage about wartime in different eras on this Memorial Day weekend.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
Blues Cafe'
101 CAC WWSP
Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

Saturdays 3-7PM
May 28, 2011
Muddy Waters /All Aboard /His Best '56-'64 /Chess

Decoration Day Blues
John Lee Sonny Boy Williamson /Decoration Day /Bluebird Recordings '37-'38 /RCA
Ma Rainey /Army Camp Harmony Blues /Essential /Classic
Five Breezes /My Buddy Blues /When the Sun Goes Down v4 /BMG
Dr. Clayton /Pearl Harbor /When the Sun Goes Down v4 /BMG
Jimmy Rogers /The World's in a Tangle /Complete Chess Recordings /Chess
Walter Brown /I'm Glad to be Back /1945-1947 /Classic
Lightnin' Hopkins /War is Starting Again /Mojo Hand Anthology /Rhino
Johnny Shines /So Cold in Vietnam /Masters of Modern Blues /Testament
Kilborn Alley Blues Band /Come Home Soon /Tear Chicago Down /Blue Bella

New on the Menu
Billy Branch /Look on Yonder Wall /Chicago Blues: A Living History /Raisin Music
Buddy Guy /The First Time I Met the Blues /Chicago Blues: A Living History /Raisin Music
Rick Estrin /My Next Ex-Wife /Legendary R&B Revue - Live /Alligator
Terry Harmonica Bean /Bean's Boogie /Mistakes Were Made /Broke and Hungry
Wesley Junebug Jefferson /Cooter Mae /Mistakes Were Made /Broke and Hungry
Lightnin' Malcom /So Many Women /Renegade /Ruf
Ben Prestage /Hoot with the Owls /One Crow Murder /self
Big Joe Shelton /What Else Can It Be/The Older I Get, the Better I Was /Alt 45
Ruff Kutt Blues Band /This is the Place /Mill Block Blues /self
Johnny Nicholas /Hey Hey /Future Blues /The People's Label
Shawn Pittman /Scent of Your Benjamins /Edge of the World /Delta Groove
Hadden Sayers /Back to the Blues /Hard Dollar /Blue Corn

Blues Had a Baby
Hot Tuna /Mama, Let Me Lay It on You /Steady as She Goes /Red House
Birthday Boy Papa John Creach wi. Hot Tuna /Never Happen No More /Classic Electric Hot Tuna /Relix
Birthday Boy John Fogerty (Creedence Clearwater Revival)  /I Put a Spell on You /self titled /Fantasy

New on the Menu
Victor Wainwright /Little Ole' Shack /Lit Up Wild Roots
Richard Ray Farrell /Little Suzie /I Sing the Blues Eclectic /Blue Beet
Elvin Bishop /Down in Virginia /The Late Show /Rip Cat
Marion James /Please Don't Waste My Time /Essence /EllerSoul
Richie Rich /MeanBlues and Cash /From the Streets /Chi-Town
Warren Haynes /title track /Man in Motion /Stax
Grady Champion /Guilty as Charged /Dreamin' /GSM
Tab Benoit /Can't You See /Medicine /Telarc
Barry Levenson /Rush Hour /The Late Show /Rip Cat
The 44's /So Low Down /Boogie Diseases /Rip Cat
Mikey Jr. /The Cheapskate /It Ain't Hard to Tell /8th Train

Saturday Blue Plate Special  Birthday Boys Cal Valentine and T-Bone Walker
Cal Valentine /Boogie Twist /West Coast Guitar Killers /El Segundo
Cal Valentine /You Oughta Slow Dance, Baby /All Night Long They Play the Blues /Specialty
Cal Valentine / Don't Let the Devil Ride /The Texas Rocker /Black Magic
T-Bone Walker /T-Bone Blues /Capitol - Black and White Recordings /Capitol
T-Bone Walker /Mean Old World /Capitol - Black and White Recordings /Capitol
T-Bone Walker /Bobby Sox Baby /Capitol - Black and White Recordings /Capitol
T-Bone Walker /You Don't Love Me /Imperial Recordings /EMI
T-Bone Covers
PeeWee Crayton /I'm Still in Love with You /Modern Legacy /Ace
Roy Gaines /I Got a Break, Baby /I Got the T-Bone Walker Blues /Groove Note
Duke Robillard /The Hard Way /Blue Mood /Stony Plain
Dietra Farr wi. Dave Specter /Our Course is Run /Bluebird Blues /Delmark
Doug Sahm /T-Bone Shuffle /Last Real Texas Blues Band /Antone's
Ronnie Earl /T-Bone Boogie /Peace of Mind /Black Top
Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughan /Call it Stormy Monday /In Session /Stax