PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 5/21/11

David Carrigan papajoe61@HOTMAIL.COM
Sat May 21 18:50:58 EDT 2011

My show #609.   Today the Saturday Blue Plate Special was a big helping of cigar box guitar blues.  Also a birthday bash for Dave Specter, 48 today.  We turned on the blue lights with commiseration for those dealing with high water.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
Blues Cafe'
101 CAC WWSP
Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

Saturdays 3-7PM
May 21, 2011
High Water Blues
Muddy Waters /Flood /Complete Chess Masters '52-'58 /Chess
Bessie Smith /Back Water Blues /Blues Classics box /Columbia
Lonnie Johnson /Broken Levee Blues /Essential /Classic
Lil' Son Jackson /Cairo Blues /Chronological v1 /Document
Whisperin' Smith /Storm in Texas /Bayou Blues Harp /Hip-O
Tab Benoit /Bayou Breeze /Voice of the Wetlands /Ryko
Chris Thomas King /Faith /Rise /21st Century Blues
Charlie Musselwhite /Black Water /Delta Hardware /Real World
Moreland and Arbuckle /18 Counties /Flood /Telarc

New on the Menu
Mikey Jr. /Telephone Blues /It Ain't Hard to Tell /8th Train
Warren Haynes /Hattiesburg Hustle /Man in Motion /Stax
Terry Quiet Band /Satisfied /Just My Luck /Lucky Bag
Richie Rich /Meaning of the Blues /From the Streets /Chi-Town
Grady Champion /My Rooster is King /Dreamin' /GSM
Ben Waters /title track /Boogie 4 Stu /Eagle
Richard Ray Farrell /Bad as You Wanna Be /I Sing the Blues Eclectic /Blue Beet
Shawn Pittman /I've Had Enough /Edge of the World /Delta Groove
Hadden Sayers /All I Want is You /Hard Dollar /Blue Corn
Ruff Kutt Blues Band /Cut Like a Knife /Mill Block Blues /self
The 44's /Automatic /Boogie Diseases /Rip Cat
Lightnin' Malcom /My Lyin' Ass /Renegade /Ruf

Birthday Boy Dave Specter 48 today!
wi. Barkin' Bill /Things I Do for You /Bluebird Blues /Delmark
wi. Al Miller /Seventy Four /Wild Cards /Delmark
Dave Specter /Dose of Reality /Blueplicity /Delmark
Dave Specter /West Side Stroll /Live in Europe /Delmark
Sharon Lewis wi. Dave Specter /Angel /Live in Chicago /Delmark
Dave Specter /Minor Side Down /Speculatin' /Delmark

New on the Menu
Ben Prestage /3 Hots and a Cot /One Crow Murder
Tab Benoit /Sunrise /Medicine /Telarc
Elvin Bishop /Whole Lotta Lovin' /The Late Show /Rip Cat
Marion James /Be Anything /Essence /EllerSoul
Pat Thomas /Woke Up This Morning /Mistakes Were Made /Broke and Hungry
Rory Block /What's the Matter Now? /Shake 'em on Down /Stony Plain
Eric Bibb /New World Comin' Through /Troubadour Live /Telarc
Barry Levenson /Whole Lotta Lovin' /The Late Show /Rip Cat
Big Joe Shelton /title track /The Older I Get, the Better I Was /Alt 45

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Cigar Box Blues"
Pat MacDonald /42 Blues /Purgatory Hill /self
Pat MacDonald /Blues of Sin - Baby Love /Purgatory Hill /self
Moreland and Arbuckle /Can't Get Clear /Flood /Telarc
Moreland and Arbuckle /John Henry /Flood /Telarc
Seasick Steve /Happy to Have a Job /Man from Another Time /Ryko
Seasick Steve /Never Go West /Man from Another Time /Ryko
Rev. K.M. Williams /Please Come Back Home /When I Rise /Dialtone
Rev. K.M. Williams /Tell Me When /When I Rise /Dialtone
Ben Prestage /219 /Downhome and Homemade /self
Ben Prestage /Someday Baby /Live at Pineapple Willy's /self
Super Chikan /Old Field Song /Chikan Supe /KnockDown South
John Alex Mason /Jitterbug Swing /Town and Country /Naked Jaybird
John Alex Mason /Write Me a Few of Your Lines /Jook Joint Thunderclap /Naked Jaybird