Playlist: www.SoundsofBlue.com 5/18/11-w/Bruce Iglauer & Papa John DeFrancesco

Robert Putignano bob8003@YAHOO.COM
Wed May 18 14:37:32 EDT 2011

Bob Putignano
SoundsofBlue.com Playlist for 5/18//2011
Playlist link:
http://www.spinitron.com/public/index.php?station=wfdu&month=Dec&year=2007&calview=&playlist=1288
Listen to today's program @ the <NEW> Archive 'on-demand' playback:
http://wfdu.streamrewind.com/bookmarks/listen/51746
-Alligator boss Bruce Iglauer talks about the new "Showdown!" CD with a
previously unreleased bonus track, and their 40 years in the blues business.
-'Papa' John DeFrancesco talks about his latest release "A Philadelphia
Story" on the Savant record label.
Also featuring birthday tributes to: Taj Mahal (69,) Joe Cocker (67,) Dave
Specter (48,) Jimmy Thackery (58,) Tom Scott (63,)  Billy Cobham (67,) and
much more!
<New update:> For the 4th consecutive year: The Sounds of Blue is the 2011
most pledged to radio show at WFDU-FM which operates in Teaneck, NJ, 10
miles west of NYC, and brought in over $17,000, and all by its lonesome: and
covered 20% of the stations annual fund drive budget.
Check out the vastly improved & expanded Birthday look-up: search by date,
or by artist name (no longer case sensitive)
http://www.soundsofblue.com/birth.htm
For airplay consideration, please mail CD's to me at:
134 Overlook St. Mount Vernon, NY 10552
The text version of the 5/16/2011 Sounds of Blue play-list:
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------
9:08am
Woody Herman (birthday #98) “Sidewalk Stanley w/Michael Bloomfield” from
Brand New (Fantasy) Buy it!
9:14am
Taj Mahal (birthday #69) “Ain't Gwine To Whistle (Any Mo')” from The Real
Thing (Columbia) Buy it!
9:23am
Tom Scott (birthday #63) “Strut Your Stuff” from Tom Scott and the L.A.
Express (Ode Epic Legacy) Buy it!
9:26am
Tom Scott (birthday #63) “Dahoney Dance” from Great Scott! (A&M) Buy it!
9:31am
Taj Mahal (birthday #69) “Here in the Dark w/Clapton” from Phantom Blues
(Private Music) Buy it!
9:34am
Woody Herman (birthday #98) “Hitch Hike On the Possum Trot Line w/Michael
Bloomfield” from Brand New (Fantasy) Buy it!
9:41am
Taj Mahal (birthday #69) “Love Her With a Feeling w/Clapton” from Phantom
Blues (Private Music) Buy it!
9:45am
Dave Specter (birthday #48) “Wind Chill w/Ronnie Earl” from Bluebird Blues
(Delmark) Buy it!
9:50am
Nucklebusters “Akos” from Somebody Better Have My Money
(www.nucklebusters.com) Buy it!
9:56am
Ray Manzarek/Roy Rogers “Game of Skill” from Translucent Blues (Blind Pig)
Buy it!
10:00am
Flashback Hour “http://wfdu.fm” from More Hallucinations on Monday 6-7:00am
SINGLE (www.SoundsofBlue.com) Buy it!
10:04am
Joe Cocker (birthday #67) “Lawdy Miss Clawdy-She Came In Through the
Bathroom Window-Hitchcock Railray” from Joe Cocker! (A&M) Buy it!
10:14am
Joe Cocker (birthday #67) “Feelin' Alright” from The Complet Fillmore East
Concerts (6 CD's) Mad Dogs & Englishmen-Limited Edition (Hip-O Select A&M)
Buy it!
10:20am
'Papa' John DeFrancesco “Strange Brew” from A Philadelphia Story (Savant)
Buy it!
10:26am
Joe Cocker (birthday #67) “Space Captain” from The Complet Fillmore East
Concerts (6 CD's) Mad Dogs & Englishmen-Limited Edition (Hip-O Select A&M)
Buy it!
10:31am
Joe Cocker (birthday #67) “Blues Medley: Drown In My Own Tears-When
Something is Wrong with My Baby-I've Been Loving You Too Long” from The
Complet Fillmore East Concerts (6 CD's) Mad Dogs & Englishmen-Limited
Edition (Hip-O Select A&M) Buy it!
10:46am
Warren Haynes “Everyday Will Be Like a Holiday” from Man In Motion (Stax -
Concord) Buy it!
10:52am
Joe Cocker (birthday #67) “Honky Tonk Women” from The Complet Fillmore East
Concerts (6 CD's) Mad Dogs & Englishmen-Limited Edition (Hip-O Select A&M)
Buy it!
11:04am
Albert Collins/Robert Cray/Johnny Copeland “bonus Track: Something To
Remember You By” composed by Interview with Bruce Iglauer from Showdown!
Remastered w/Bonus Track (Alligator) Buy it!
11:32am
Albert Collins/Robert Cray/Johnny Copeland “Black Cat Bone” from Showdown!
Remastered w/Bonus Track (Alligator) Buy it!
11:37am
'Papa' John DeFrancesco “A Philadelphia Story” composed by Interview w/Papa
John DeFrancesco (Savant) Buy it!
11:55am
'Papa' John DeFrancesco “By the Time I Get to Phoenix” composed by Interview
w/Papa John DeFrancesco from A Philadelphia Story (Savant) Buy it!
12:00pm
The Just Jerry Hour “http://wfdu.fm” from Every Wednesday from Noon-1:00pm
SINGLE (http://www.soundsofblue.com/justjerry.htm) Buy it!
12:04pm
Grateful Dead “Good Lovin'” from Dick's Picks Volume 8-Harpur College, NY
5/2/1970 (www.Dead.net) Buy it!
12:19pm
Grateful Dead “Cumberland Blues” from Dick's Picks Volume 8-Harpur College,
NY 5/2/1970 (www.Dead.net) Buy it!
12:24pm
Grateful Dead “St. Stephen-Cryptical Envelopment-The Other One” from Dick's
Picks Volume 8-Harpur College, NY 5/2/1970 (www.Dead.net) Buy it!
12:43pm
Grateful Dead “Viloa Lee Blues-We Bid You Goodnight” from Dick's Picks
Volume 8-Harpur College, NY 5/2/1970 (www.Dead.net)