Jeff Bridges Likes This App

Jimmy Jacobs jacobslawoffice@GMAIL.COM
Mon May 16 11:01:46 EDT 2011

Alas, I have invested in several of them ... with small results to show for
it!  Roger Wilson has an extensive collection of on-line guitar instruction
(including blues).  I know Duke Robillard and Ronnie Earl (among many
others) have DVD/tape instructional programs.

I think Chuck was pointing out the possibilities for an "app" that would run
on apple and android smartphones and tablets.  I honestly don't know what is
available out there in that market, but do know that it is a very large and
growing one. I don't really think the Blues Foundation will have to
"develop" such an app; if there is a market for it, some developer will be
all over it.  It would be nice if someone developed one, however, and
donated the proceeds to the Foundation.  I doubt the offer would be turned
down.

-----Original Message-----
From: Blues Music List [mailto:BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM] On Behalf Of
deja blues
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2011 8:35 AM
To: BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Subject: Re: Jeff Bridges Likes This App

I'm always amazed when ever I'm killing time at a music store ( My
Significant Other has to try every new guitar they have.....so I kill alot
of time).

Anyway to make a short story long..., I look at the DVD's and music books.
And there is always the "how to play blues guitar", offerings.  And they are
always starring somebody who I've never ever heard of, but is promoted as
the hottest blues guitar player today.

Then of course there are on-line offerings already.  When I Googled "how to
play blues" it returned 131,000 offerings.

This is not a problem looking for a solution.  It's already out there.

Nancy