Playlist: www.SoundsofBlue.com 5/9/11-RIP Cornell Dupree

Robert Putignano bob8003@YAHOO.COM
Mon May 9 11:06:47 EDT 2011

Bob Putignano
SoundsofBlue.com Playlist for 5/9//2011
Playlist link:
http://www.spinitron.com/public/index.php?station=wfdu&month=Dec&year=2007&calview=&playlist=1273
Listen to today's program @ the <NEW> Archive 'on-demand' playback:
http://wfdu.streamrewind.com/bookmarks/listen/51694
-The Great Cornell Dupree passed early this morning, today's show features a
1 hour tribute to Cornell with the Gadd Gang. More tributes will be
forthcoming... Sad news.
Also featuring birthday tributes to: Steve Katz (66,) Dave Mason (65,) Steve
Winwood (63,) Eric Burdon (70,) Gene Cornish (66,) Donovan Leitch (65,) and
much more!
<New update:> For the 4th consecutive year: The Sounds of Blue is the 2011
most pledged to radio show at WFDU-FM which operates in Teaneck, NJ, 10
miles west of NYC, and brought in over $17,000, and all by its lonesome: and
covered 20% of the stations annual fund drive budget.
Check out the vastly improved & expanded Birthday look-up: search by date,
or by artist name (no longer case sensitive)
http://www.soundsofblue.com/birth.htm
For airplay consideration, please mail CD's to me at:
134 Overlook St. Mount Vernon, NY 10552
The text version of the 5/9/2011 Sounds of Blue play-list:
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------
6:00am
Flashback Hour “http://wfdu.fm” from More Hallucinations on Wednesday
10-11:00am SINGLE (www.SoundsofBlue.com) Buy it!
6:08am
Steve Katz (birthday #66) “Flute Thing” from Al Kooper-Soul of a Man (Music
Masters) Buy it!
6:17am
Steve Winwood (birthday #63) “40,000 Headmen” from The Last Great Traffic
Jam (Epic - Dual Disc) Buy it!
6:21am
Donovan Leitch (birthday #65) “You Can't Always Get What You Want-Season of
the Witch” from Al Kooper-Soul of a Man (Music Masters) Buy it!
6:34am
Dave Mason (birthday #65) “Look at You Look at Me” from Alone Together (Blue
Thumb - MCA) Buy it!
6:41am
Steve Winwood (birthday #63) “Glad/Freedom Rider (live)” from Traffic - John
Barleycorn Must Die - Deluxe Edition 2 CD box (Island - Universal) Buy it!
6:56am
Eric Burdon (birthday #70) “Spill the Wine” from Eric Burdon & the Animals
Greatest Hits (Bigtime (German Import)) Buy it!
7:06am
Hot Tuna “Second Changes” from Steady As She Goes (Red House Records) Buy it!
7:11am
Derek and the Dominos “Mean Old World w/Duane Allman” from Layla and Other
Love Songs Deluxe Edition 2 CD box (Polydor - Universal) Buy it!
7:16am
Hot Tuna “A Little Faster” from Steady As She Goes (Red House Records) Buy it!
7:21am
Derek and the Dominos “Got To Get Better In a Little While Jam” from Layla
and Other Love Songs Deluxe Edition 2 CD box (Polydor - Universal) Buy it!
7:25am
Warren Haynes “Man In Motion” (Stax - Concord) Buy it!
7:33am
Lou DeAdder “Backlash” from Headlights (www.LouDeAdder.com) Buy it!
7:39am
Joe Krown Russell Batiste Walter "Wolfman" Washington “Can I Change My Mind”
from Triple Threat (www.JoeKrown.com) Buy it!
7:46am
Warren Haynes “Everyday Will Be Like a Holiday” from Man In Motion (Stax -
Concord) Buy it!
7:51am
Rue de Funk “It's You That I Love” from Weather the Storm
(www.BobbyCampoMusic.com) Buy it!
7:56am
Gene Cornish (birthday #66) “Mustang Sally” from The Ultimate Rascals
(Warner Special Products) Buy it!
8:06am
Cornell Dupree (passed) “Soul Serenade” from The Gadd Gang - Here & Now
(Columbia) Buy it!
8:14am
Cornell Dupree (passed) “My Girl -Them Changes” from Gadd Gang - Live at the
Botom Line (Sony Music Japan) Buy it!
8:25am
Cornell Dupree (passed) “Way Back Home” from Gadd Gang - Live at the Botom
Line (Sony Music Japan) Buy it!
8:32am
Cornell Dupree (passed) “I Can't Turn You Loose” from The Gadd Gang - Here &
Now (Columbia) Buy it!
8:37am
Cornell Dupree (passed) “Honky Tonk-I Can't Stop Loving You” from Gadd Gang
- Live at the Botom Line (Sony Music Japan) Buy it!
8:45am
Cornell Dupree (passed) “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours” from Gadd Gang
- Live at the Botom Line (Sony Music Japan) Buy it!
8:54am
Cornell Dupree (passed) “Watching the River Flow” from Gadd Gang - Live at
the Botom Line (Sony Music Japan)