Playlist: www.SoundsofBlue.com 3/23/11 w/Biscuit Miller

Robert Putignano bob8003@YAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 23 15:17:42 EDT 2011

Bob Putignano
SoundsofBlue.com Playlist for 3/23//2011
Playlist link:
http://www.spinitron.com/public/index.php?station=wfdu&month=Dec&year=2007&calview=&playlist=1178
Listen to today's program @ the <NEW> Archive 'on-demand' playback:
http://wfdu.streamrewind.com/bookmarks/listen/51399
-Biscuit Miller calls in to talk about his fine new disc "Blues With a
Smile" More details at: www.BiscuitMiller.com
Also featuring birthday tributes to: Aretha Franklin (69,) Jimmie Vaughan
(60,) Marcia Ball (62,) Melvin Sparks (65,) George Benson (68,) Jerry
Jemmott (65,) Lee Oskar (65,) Billy Stewart (74,) Rufus Thomas (94,) Elton
John (64,) and much more!
<New update:>  For the 4th consecutive year: The Sounds of Blue is the 2011
most pledged to radio show at WFDU-FM which operates in Teaneck, NJ, 10
miles west of NYC, and brought in over $17,000, and all by its lonesome: and
covered 20% of the stations annual fund drive budget.
Check out the vastly improved & expanded Birthday look-up: search by date,
or by artist name (no longer case sensitive)
http://www.soundsofblue.com/birth.htm
For airplay consideration, please mail CD's to me at:
134 Overlook St. Mount Vernon, NY 10552
The text version of the 3/23/2011 Sounds of Blue play-list:
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------
7:22am
Marcia Ball (birthday #62) “Just Kiss Me” from Live! Down the Road
(Alligator) Buy it!
7:29am
George Benson (birthday #68) “I Got Some Help I Don't Need” from B.B. King
"King Biscuit Flower Hour Presents" (King Biscuit Flower Hour Records) Buy it!
7:44am
Melvin Sparks (birthday #65) “Sweet Little Angel-Sweet Sixteen” from
Earland-Sparks-Person-Muhammad "Live at Akbar Hall" The Reunion (Nectar
Recordings) Buy it!
7:55am
Melvin Sparks (birthday #65) “All I Want To Do Is Sing the Blues” from
Luther Kent @ Towaco 10/8/05 w/Sparks, Purdie, Jerry Vivino +++ (Digital
Board Copy) Buy it!
8:05am
Billy Stewart (birthday #74) “Summertime” from One More Time (Chess-MCA) Buy it!
8:11am
Rufus Thomas (birthday #94) “(Do the) Push and Pull (Part 1)” from The
Godfather of Memphis Funk (Stax) Buy it!
8:14am
Rufus Thomas (birthday #94) “I Came Home This Morning” from Blues Thang!
(Sequel Records) Buy it!
8:22am
Melvin Sparks (birthday #65) “Breeze” from What You Hear Is What You Get!
(Savant) Buy it!
8:29am
Billy Stewart (birthday #74) “Sitting In the Park” from One More Time
(Chess-MCA) Buy it!
8:32am
Marcia Ball (birthday #62) “Count the Days” from Presumed Innocent
(Alligator) Buy it!
8:36am
Marcia Ball (birthday #62) “Rockin' Is Our Business” from Live at Waterloo
Records (Waterloo-Alligator) Buy it!
8:41am
Jimmie Vaughan (birthday #60) “The Iconic Twist” from Texas All Star Big
Band Bash! (Topcat) Buy it!
8:47am
George Benson (birthday #68) “Thunder Walk” from Giblet Gravy (Verve) Buy it!
8:51am
George Benson (birthday #68) “Low Down & Dirty” from Compact Jazz (Verve)
Buy it!
9:05am
Aretha Franklin (birthday #69) “Sweetest Smile and the Funkiest Style” from
Rare & Unreleased Recordings From the Golden Reign of the Queen of Soul
(Atlantic - Rhino) Buy it!
9:10am
Aretha Franklin (birthday #69) “Rock Steady (Alternate Mix)” from Rare &
Unreleased Recordings From the Golden Reign of the Queen of Soul (Atlantic -
Rhino) Buy it!
9:14am
Aretha Franklin (birthday #69) “Young, Gifted and Black (Instrumental)” from
Oh Me Oh My: Aretha Live In Philly, 1972 (Atlantic - Rhino Handmade (limited
edition)) Buy it!
9:21am
Aretha Franklin (birthday #69) “Ain't But the One w/Ray Charles” from Rare &
Unreleased Recordings From the Golden Reign of the Queen of Soul (Atlantic -
Rhino) Buy it!
9:27am
Jerry Jemmott (birthday #65) “Memphis Soul Stew-Alternate Take” from King
Curtis-Live at the Fillmore West (expanded edition) (Atco-Rhino) Buy it!
9:34am
New York Electric Piano “Dode's Blues” from Keys To the City Volumes 1 & 2
(www.NewYorkElectricPiano.com) Buy it!
9:45am
New York Electric Piano “Scrapple for the Apple” from Keys To the City
Volumes 1 & 2 (www.NewYorkElectricPiano.com) Buy it!
9:56am
New York Electric Piano “Temple Dog” from Keys To the City Volumes 1 & 2
(www.NewYorkElectricPiano.com) Buy it!
10:00am
Flashback Hour “http://wfdu.fm” from More Hallucinations on Monday 6-7:00am
SINGLE (www.SoundsofBlue.com) Buy it!
10:03am
Elton John (birthday #64) “Burn Down the Mission” from 11-17-70 (This Record
Company) Buy it!
10:22am
Roger Hodgson (birthday #62) “Cannonball” from Brother Where You Bound
(Universal) Buy it!
10:29am
Lee Oskar (birthday #65) “Spill the Wine” from The Best of War (Rhino) Buy it!
10:33am
Aretha Franklin (birthday #69) “Spirit In the Dark w/Ray Charles” from
Aretha Live at Fillmore West (Atlantic - Rhino) Buy it!
10:53am
Lee Oskar (birthday #65) “Baby Brother (live)” from All Day Music - War
(Avenue Records - Rhino) Buy it!
11:05am
Biscuit Miller “Black Eyed Peas and Cornbread” composed by Interview
w/Biscuit Miller from Blues With a Smile (www.BiscuitMiller.com) Buy it!
11:28am
Vince Gill, Keb' Mo', Albert Lee, James Burton & Earl Klugh “Lay Down Sally
(live)” from Eric Clapton Guitar Festival 2010 (Rhino) Buy it!
11:35am
George Benson (birthday #68) “Take Five” from Bad Benson (CTI) Buy it!
11:43am
George Benson (birthday #68) “Dance w/Earl Klugh” from Body Talk (CTI) Buy it!
11:51am
Melvin Sparks (birthday #65) “More Today Than Yesterday” from
Earland-Sparks-Person-Muhammad "Live at Akbar Hall" The Reunion (Nectar
Recordings) Buy it!
12:00pm
The Just Jerry Hour “http://wfdu.fm” from Every Wednesday from Noon-1:00pm
SINGLE (http://www.soundsofblue.com/justjerry.htm) Buy it!
12:03pm
Grateful Dead “He's Gone-Truckin'” from Dick's Picks 36 9/21/72 Philly
(www.Dead.net Rhino) Buy it!
12:29pm
Grateful Dead “Not Fade Away-Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad-Not Fade Away”
from Dick's Picks 36 9/21/72 Philly (www.Dead.net Rhino) Buy it!
12:47pm
Grateful Dead “Cumberland Blues” from Dick's Picks 36 9/21/72 Philly
(www.Dead.net Rhino) Buy it!
12:55pm
Grateful Dead “One More Saturday Night” from Dick's Picks 36 9/21/72 Philly
(www.Dead.net Rhino)