PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 3/19/11

David Carrigan papajoe61@HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 19 19:30:48 EDT 2011

My show #602.  Today the Saturday Blue Plate Special was a farewell to Big Jack Johnson. "Change" was the theme for the appetizers this afternoon, with the shift from winter to spring, a very welcome change in north central Wisconsin.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
Blues Cafe'
101 CAC WWSP
Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

Saturdays 3-7P on 90FM - the only alternative!
March 19, 2011
"Change in the Air"
Muddy Waters /Things I Used to Do /Muddy Waters box /Chess
Thunder and Lightnin' /Can't Do Like You Used To /Rural Blues v1 /BGO
Walter Davis /Mama, Why Don't You be Yourself /First Recordings 1930-1932 /JSP
Big Maceo /Things Have Changed /Bluebird Recordings '45-'47 /RCA
T-Bone Walker /Long Skirt Baby /Very Best of /Koch
Big Mama Thornton /The Big Change /Peacock Recordings /MCA
J.B. Hutto /If You Change Your Mind /Hawk Squat /Delmark
Big George Jackson /If I Could Change /Big Shot /Black and Tan
Omar Dykes /I'll Change My Style /On the Jimmy Reed Highway /Ruf

New on the Menu
Roomful of Blues /Time Brings About a Change /Hook, Line and Sinker /Alligator
Roy Gaines /Inflation Blues /Tuxedo Blues /Black Gold
Jeff Beck /I'm a Fool to Care /Rock 'n' Roll Party /Atco
Big Joe and the Dynaflows /Confessin' the Blues /You Can't Keep a Big Man Down /Severn
Delta Jets /Convertible Buick /Live /self
Aunt Kizzy's Boyz /Jelly Roll /Trunk Full of Bluez /SugarKing
Ben Prestage /Weedhead /Downhome and Handmade /self
Grana' Louise /Where You Been? /Gettin' Kinda Rough /Delmark

Saturday Blue Plate Special   Farewell Big Jack Johnson  7/30/40 - 3/14/11
"Idols, Friends and Mentors"
B.B. King /Beautician Blues /Best of v1 /Flair
Conway Twitty /After All the Good is Gone /Greatest Hits /Laserlight
Robert Nighthawk /You Missed a Good Man /Bricks in My Pillow /Delmark
Sam Carr /Better Take it Slow /Down in the Delta /R.O.A.D.
T-Model Ford /When are You Comin' Back Home /She Ain't None of Your'n /Fat Possum
Super Chikan /Sippi Seekan Saw /Sum' Mo' Chikan /self
Big T Terry Williams /title track /Hellhound in My Shadow /Stand on the Ocean
Daddy Rich /Hands and Knees /Clarksdale /self
Jimbo Mathus /State Line Woman /Knockdown South /KSR
Lightnin' Malcom /Play It Long Time /Juke Joint Dance Party /KSR

The Man
wi. Frank Frost /title track /Jelly Roll King /Charly
Jelly Roll Kings /Road of Love /Rockin' the Juke Joint Down /Earwig
Jelly Roll Kings /Cleo's Back /Rockin' the Juke Joint Down /Earwig
Big Jack Johnson /Part Time Love /The Oil Man /Earwig
wi. Frank Frost /Gonna Put her Down /Midnight Prowler /Earwig
Big Jack Johnson /Sweet Sixteen /Live in Chicago /Earwig
wi. Paul "Wine" Jones /My Baby Got Drunk /Mule /Fat Possum
Big Jack Johnson /title track /We Got to Stop This Killin' /M.C.
Jelly Roll Kings /So Lonesome /Off Yonder Wall /Fat Possum
Big Jack Johnson /Black Dog /All the Way Back /M.C.
Big Jack Johnson /Since I Met You Baby /Roots Stew /M.C.
Big Jack Johnson /Beale Street /Roots Stew /M.C.
Big Jack Johnson wi. Kim Wilson /I'm Going Out Walking /Memphis Barbecue Sessions / /M.C.
wi. Chris Cotton /Black Night /I Watched the Devil Die /Yellow Dog
Big Jack Johnson /Mississippi Blues /Juke Joint Saturday Night /self

New on the Menu
Clarence Jelly Johnson /Gotta be Booked Blues /Low Down Papa /Delmark
The Sugar Prophets /Big Love /self titled /J1T
Doug MacLeod /Some Old Blues Song /Brand New Eyes /Fresh!
Paul Oscher /Slideaway /Bet on the Blues /Blues Fidelity
Larry Taylor /I Didn't Mean to Hurt Your Feelings /They Were in This House /Wolf
Donald Ray Johnson /title track /It's Time /Mar Vista
Terry Garland and Li'l Ronnie /It's a Sin /Live at the Canal Club /Ellersoul