Spurling Banks RIP - message from Pierre Lacocque

Jonny Meister bluesandbeyond@GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 24 05:31:29 EDT 2011

I am posting this message from Mississippi Heat, from Anita Jackson-Hall
to Pierre Lacocque, about the passing of Spurling Banks:
- - - - - - - -  - - - - -
message:
Hi Jonny,
I hope this finds you well. I have not been on Blues-L so long that I
do not remember how to access it for announcements. Are you
comfortable sharing share this with the Blues-l community?

I received an email this afternoon announcing that Spurling Banks
passed away last night. Spurling played bass with us until his health
failed him. Spurling's bio is included in the address she passes
along on our site.

Anita Jackson-Hall <ajackhall@yahoo.com> to Pierre Lacocque:

Dear Pierre,

I am writing to let you know that my beloved cousin, Spurling Banks,
passed away last night. I got your e-mail address from the
Mississippi Heat website, as I know Spurling was one of your former
band members.

A memorial service is being planned and I will let you know the
details once everything is finalized.  Please share this information
with any of Spurling's other fellow musicians who might want to know
about this.

Kind regards,
Anita Jackson-Hall

Link to Mississippi Heat Website: