Good News

Jimmy Jacobs jacobslawoffice@GMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 20 16:57:09 EDT 2011

With all the talk of venues and festivals closing down, we have some good
news in Montgomery.  I posted last year that the Capitol Oyster Bar here -
one of very few, and the most regular, venues that would book touring blues
acts - was closing down.  The restaurant was, in part, a victim of the BP
oil spill combined with the recession.  There was a brief outpouring of
support after the announcement, but the owner, Lewis Mashburn, did finally
close his restaurant last winter.

The good news is that Lewis has re-opened the restaurant in a new location
on the Alabama River, and is booking blues acts again.   We had Spencer
Bohren last Saturday.  Eden Brent is tonight.  John Prime, Cyril Neville,
and Bobby Rush are booked for next month, with Guitar Shorty, Candye Kane,
John Nemeth, Kenny Neal, Junior Boy and Tommy Castro all coming up in
October and November.

In addition to all those, we have a cd release party with EG Kight next
weekend, and Lionel Young on the following Wednesday.  Happy days are here
again!

BTW, in addition to the restaurant, the site also includes a marina and a
dry-docked small river boat.  Lewis has plans to add a small outdoor stage.
The website is www.capitoloysterbar.com in case anyone would like to check
it out.

Jimmy