PLAYLIST: 8-12-11 ~ The South Side Blues/Soul

Chas Lewis chas@THESOUTHSIDE.ORG
Mon Aug 15 09:38:04 EDT 2011

Web archive: Click Non-proportional font

http://www.thesouthside.org

Playlist for The South Side ~ August 12th, 2011
Blues, Soul and Rhythm & Blues with Chas Lewis
Streaming Live Friday, 7 to 10pm Pacific | 0300 UTC/GMT
http://www.khum.com/khumstream
KHUM 104.3 and 104.7 FM ~ Humboldt Co, CA

Artist * Track * Release * Label

+Percy Mayfield, Born Aug 12, 1920 | Died Aug 11, 1984

7pm
JP Soars * Lost It All * More Bees with Honey * Category 5
Sonny Boy Williamson II * Don't Start Me Talkin' *  His Best * Chess/MCA
John Lee Hooker * I Just Don't Know * That's Where It's At * Stax
Mooreland & Arbuckle * Just a Dream *  Just a Dream * Telarc
+Otis Rush * My Jug & I * Ain't Enough Comin' In * Polygram
Big George Jackson * Friday Evening * Big Shot * Black & Tan
Eden Brent * Later Than You Think * Ain't Got No Troubles * Yellow Dog
Luther Allison * I Want to Know * Soul Fixin' Man * Alligator
+Freddie King * Danger Zone * King of the Blues * Capitol
R & B Bombers * Can't Keep No Good Man Down * Bad Behavior * Ind

8pm
+Taj Mahal * Stranger In My Own Home * Dancin' the Blues * RCA Victor
+Robert Nighthawk * I Need Love So Bad * Live on Maxwell Street * Bullseye
Shemekia Copeland * Never Goin' Back To Memphis * Never Goin' Back * Telarc
+Junior Parker * Strange Things Happening * Junior's Blues * MCA
Fabulous Thunderbirds * Got To Bring It With You * The Fabulous Thunderbirds
* Ind
Doug Sahm * Dealer's Blues * Doug Sahm & Friends * Rhino
Kirk Fletcher * Ain't No Way * My Turn * Electro Groove
+Percy Mayfield * Please Send Me Someone To Love * Memory Pain * Specialty
+John Lee Hooker * Serves You Right To Suffer * The Definitive Collection *
Hip-O
Little Walter * Hate To See You Go * His Best * Chess/MCA

9pm
The California Honedrops * Bye Bye Baby, I'm Gone * Soul Tub * Tub
Luther Allison * Will It Ever Change * Songs from the Road * Ruf
Luther Allison * Gvie Me Back My Wig * Hound Dog Taylor: A Tribute *
Alligator
+Johnny Adams * Baby Please * Walking On a Tightrope * Rounder
+James Cotton * River's Invitation * Cut You Loose! * Vanguard
John Németh * Breakin' Free * Name the Day! * Blind Pig
Earl Thomas * Broken Hearted * Introducing the Blues Ambassadors * ETM
+Percy Mayfield * Memory Pain * Memory Pain * Specialty
+Johnny Adams * Walking On a Tighrope * Walking On a Tighrope * Rounder
Juke Boy Bonner * Real Good Woman * The Sonet Blues Story * Verve

Mailing Address
The South Side, Chas Lewis
3432 N Street, Eureka, CA 95503