Tommy Johnson grave to soon be accessible,

Jimmy Jacobs jacobslawoffice@GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 12 13:04:14 EDT 2011

Scott Baretta posted this on the prewar yahoo group yesterday.  I thought it
might be of interest to those on the L who are not in that group.

Yesterday the Copiah County (MS) board of supervisors decided to build and
maintain a road to the Warm Springs cemetery, just north of Crystal Springs,
where Tommy Johnson is buried. A gravestone was dedicated in his honor in
2001, but it couldn't be placed because of legal issues concerning cemetery
access, which have now been resolved.

Here's a press release plus some text I added about the back story. Please
publicize if you can -- this has been an ugly process, and has kept going
thanks to the determination of Johnson's niece, Vera Johnson-Collins, and
the Mt. Zion Memorial Fund

http://www.highway61radio.com/?p=3535