Playlist: www.SoundsofBlue.com 8/10/11 w/John Tropea & more

Robert Putignano bob8003@YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 10 15:13:35 EDT 2011

Playlist for 8/10//2011
http://www.spinitron.com/public/index.php?station=wfdu&month=Dec&year=2007&calview=&playlist=1422
Listen to today's program @ the <NEW> Archive 'on-demand' playback:
http://wfdu.streamrewind.com/bookmarks/listen/52266
-Interviews: John Tropea talks about the 40th "Prelude" by Deodato
Marshall Blonstein talks about his www.AudioFidelity.net audiophile label
Birthdays: None
<New update:> For the 4th consecutive year: The Sounds of Blue is the 2011
most pledged to radio show at WFDU-FM which operates in Teaneck, NJ, 10
miles west of NYC, and brought in over $17,000, and all by its lonesome: and
covered 20% of the stations annual fund drive budget.
Check out the vastly improved & expanded Birthday look-up: search by date,
or by artist name (no longer case sensitive)
http://www.soundsofblue.com/birth.htm
For airplay consideration, please mail CD's to me at:
134 Overlook St. Mount Vernon, NY 10552
The text version of the 8/10/2011 Sounds of Blue play-list:
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------
9:10am
Allman Brothers “Can't Lose What You Never Had” from Wipe the Windows Check
the Oil Dollar Gas (Polydor)Buy it!
9:18am
Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band “Oh, Pretty Woman” from How I Go-Special Edition
(Roadrunner Records)Buy it!
9:22am
Jimmy Thackery “I'll Be Your Driver (Where You Wanna Go)” from Feel the Heat
(www.JimmyThackery.com)Buy it!
9:28am
Warren Haynes “Everyday Will Be Like a Holiday” from Man In Motion (Stax)Buy it!
9:33am
Joe Krown Russell Batiste Walter "Wolfman" Washington “Twelve” from Triple
Threat (www.JoeKrown.com)Buy it!
9:39am
Nucklebusters “Ex-Wife” from Somebody Better Have My Money
(www.nucklebusters.com)Buy it!
9:44am
Sean Carney's Blues For a Cure “Alligaor Boogaloo w/Enrico Crivellaro” from
Blues Cures Studio Jam Vol.3 (www.BluesForACure.org)Buy it!
9:55am
Monty Alexander “Day-O (Banana Boat Song)” SINGLEBuy it!
10:00am
Flashback Hour “http://wfdu.fm” from More Hallucinations on Monday 6-7:00am
SINGLE (www.SoundsofBlue.com)Buy it!
10:03am
Allman Brothers “Southbound” from Wipe the Windows Check the Oil Dollar Gas
(Polydor)Buy it!
10:10am
The Marshall Tucker Band “The Thrill Is Gone (live)” from The Essential
Marshall Tucker Band (www.MarshallTucker.com)Buy it!
10:20am
Allman Brothers “In Memory of Elizabeth Reed” from Wipe the Windows Check
the Oil Dollar Gas (Polydor)Buy it!
10:29am
Deodato “Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001 Space Odessy)” composed by Interview
w/John Tropea from Prelude-40th Anniversary Edition (CTI)Buy it!
10:46am
Deodato “September 13” from Prelude-40th Anniversary Edition (CTI)Buy it!
10:55am
John Tropea “Thr Cropper Way w/Steve Cropper” from Livin' In the Jungle
(www.JohnTropea.com)Buy it!
11:05am
Eumir Deodato “Summertime” from The Crossing (Expansion Records)Buy it!
11:15am
Deodato “Super Stut” from Deodato 2 (CTI)Buy it!
11:27am
Carly Simon “You're So Vain” composed by Interview with Marshall Blonstein
from No Secrets (www.AudioFidelity.net)Buy it!
11:45am
Stevie Wonder “Contusion” from Songs In The Key Of Life LP ALBUM
(www.AudioFidelity.net 1976)Buy it!
12:05pm
Stevie Wonder “Sir Duke” from Songs In The Key Of Life LP ALBUM
(www.AudioFidelity.net 1976)Buy it!
12:11pm
The Just Jerry Hour “http://wfdu.fm” from Every Wednesday from Noon-1:00pm
SINGLE (http://www.soundsofblue.com/justjerry.htm)Buy it!
12:12pm
Grateful Dead “Deep Elem Blues” from Road Trips Vol.4 No.4 Spectrum 4/6/82
Philly (www.Dead.net & Rhino.com)Buy it!
12:17pm
Grateful Dead “Althea” from Road Trips Vol.4 No.4 Spectrum 4/6/82 Philly
(www.Dead.net & Rhino.com)Buy it!
12:25pm
Grateful Dead “Man Smart, Woman Smarter” from Road Trips Vol.4 No.4 Spectrum
4/6/82 Philly (www.Dead.net & Rhino.com)Buy it!
12:31pm
Grateful Dead “Weather Report Suite” from Road Trips Vol.4 No.3 Denver '73
(www.Dead.net - www.Rhino.com)Buy it!
12:46pm
Grateful Dead “Sugaree” from Road Trips Vol.3 No.2 (bonus disc)
(www.Dead.net Rhino)Buy it!
12:53pm
Grateful Dead “Sugar Magnolia” from Road Trips Vol.3 No.2 (bonus disc)
(www.Dead.net Rhino)