Shawn Pittman: "I'm done with the music business"

Guitar Mac gtrmac@COMCAST.NET
Wed Aug 10 10:12:38 EDT 2011

I see it like this if you are going to quit the blues you never had the
blues.  You we
re Just making money of a bad situation.The way things look now in a few you
will be back with the Real Blues.!You were Certainly not there to keep the
blues alive
                       Guitar Mac.
http://www.guitarmac.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/#!/guitarmacbluesexpress
http://www.myspace.com/guitarmac
http://www.myspace.com/guitarmac1
----- Original Message -----
From: "chuck 249" <hhs249@GMAIL.COM>
To: <BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:30 AM
Subject: Re: Shawn Pittman: "I'm done with the music business"

Sorry to hear that he's hanging up his guitar strap, but I will say
that he is getting out while the gittins good. It would likely be a
harder decision to make if the biz, gigs, sales, etc were like they
were 25 years ago. Maybe not.

However, as someone who drove a taxi for about 15 years and hauled his
fair share of hookers around, I really don't think hookers are in that
profession because they like it. Some, who are not lucky enough to
have a well off uncle or the like, do it to pay for college. Others do
it to keep the Joneses at bay, and some just do not like the grind of
a 9 to 5.

Shawn is lucky. There are, and have been, many a blues man and woman
who had nothing--day and night--but the blues, and no way out. I guess
that might be the difference between the proverbial blues man, and the
guy or girl who plays the blues when it suits them or their career.

chuck, in dallas