Playlist: www.SoundsofBlue.com 8/8/11

Robert Putignano bob8003@YAHOO.COM
Mon Aug 8 10:23:22 EDT 2011

Playlist for 8/8//2011
http://www.spinitron.com/public/index.php?station=wfdu&month=Dec&year=2007&calview=&playlist=1417
Listen to today's program @ the <NEW> Archive 'on-demand' playback:
http://wfdu.streamrewind.com/bookmarks/listen/52257
-Interviews: None
Birthdays: Jimmy Witherspoon (88) Son Seals (69) Neil Larsen (73) Rahsaan
Roland Kirk (75) Bill Heid (?) Pat Metheny (57) Joe Jackson (57) Ian
Anderson (64) John Simon (70) & more!
<New update:> For the 4th consecutive year: The Sounds of Blue is the 2011
most pledged to radio show at WFDU-FM which operates in Teaneck, NJ, 10
miles west of NYC, and brought in over $17,000, and all by its lonesome: and
covered 20% of the stations annual fund drive budget.
Check out the vastly improved & expanded Birthday look-up: search by date,
or by artist name (no longer case sensitive)
http://www.soundsofblue.com/birth.htm
For airplay consideration, please mail CD's to me at:
134 Overlook St. Mount Vernon, NY 10552
The text version of the 8/8/2011 Sounds of Blue play-list:
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------
6:00am
Flashback Hour “http://wfdu.fm” from More Hallucinations on Wednesday
10-11:00am SINGLE (www.SoundsofBlue.com)Buy it!
6:05am
Pat Metheny (birthday #57) “The Epic” from American Garage (ECM)Buy it!
6:18am
Neil Larsen (birthday #63) “Malibu” from Full Moon (Douglas)Buy it!
6:22am
Rahsaan Roland Kirk (birthday #75) “Briight Moments” from Bright Moments
(Atlantic/Rhino)Buy it!
6:32am
John Simon (birthday #70) “Ain't Gwine To Whistle Dixie (Any Mo')” from Taj
Mahal-The Real Thing (Columbia)Buy it!
6:42am
Ian Anderson (birthday #64) “Serenade to a Cuckoo” composed by Authored by:
Rahsaan Roland Kirk from Jethro Tull-This Was-Collectors Edition
(Capitol)Buy it!
6:55am
Rue de Funk “Weather the Storm” (www.BobbyCampoMusic.com)Buy it!
6:48am
Pat Metheny (birthdday #57) “(Cross The) Heartland” from American Garage
(ECM)Buy it!
7:05am
Jimmy Witherspoon (birthday #88)( “Money's Gettin' Cheaper” from Evenin'
Blues w/T-Bone Walker (Prestige)Buy it!
7:08am
Warren Haynes “Man In Motion” (Stax)Buy it!
7:15am
TJ Nix & Paul Plumeri “D Train” from Blues in Disguise (Poolhouse
Records)Buy it!
7:24am
Son Seals (birthday #69) “Give the Devil His Due” from Lettin' Go
(Telarc)Buy it!
7:29am
Raphael Wressnig “One Mo' Blues w/Alex Schultz” from True Blue
(www.RaphaelWressnig.com)Buy it!
7:34am
Steve Gadd and Friends “Watching the River Flow” from Live at Voce
(www.bfmjazz.com)Buy it!
7:43am
Lou DeAdder “Backlash” from Headlights (www.LouDeAdder.com)Buy it!
7:50am
Neil Larsen (birthday #63) “Selfish People” from Full Moon (Douglas)Buy it!
7:57am
'Papa' John DeFrancesco “Papa Was a Rolling Stone” from A Philadelphia Story
(Savant)Buy it!
8:05am
Bill Heid (birthday #?) “We Play the Blues” from Bill Heid-We Play the Blues
w/Johnnie Bassett (Black Magic)Buy it!
8:10am
Jimmy Witherspoon (birthday #88)( “Don't Let Go!” from Evenin' Blues
w/T-Bone Walker (Prestige)Buy it!
8:13am
Bill Heid (birthday #?) “Party My Blues Away (live)” from Live at Skippers
(FL) 6/2004 w/Johnnie Bassett (Soundboard Recording-Boot)Buy it!
8:24am
Nucklebusters “Akos” from Somebody Better Have My Money
(www.nucklebusters.com)Buy it!
8:30am
Joe Jackson (birthday #57) “Steppin' Out” from Stanley Jordan-State of
Nature SINGLE (Mack Avenue)Buy it!
8:35am
Bill Heid (birthday #?) “I'm Glad She's Gone” from Bill Heid-We Play the
Blues w/Johnnie Bassett (Black Magic)Buy it!
8:40am
B.D. Lenz “Friday Night at the Cadillac Club” from Five & Live (BDLENZ
Music)Buy it!
8:46am
Pat Metheny (birthdday #57) “American Garage” (ECM)Buy it!
8:50am
Son Seals (birthday #69) “Funky Bitch” from Lettin' Go (Telarc)Buy it!
8:56am
Ian Anderson (birthday #64) “Cat Squirrel” from Jethro Tull-This
Was-Collectors Edition (Capitol)