"Road to Memphis" Ottawa Blues Society - Local Blues Challenge

Gregory Johnson slimlively@HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 28 20:56:22 EDT 2010

Deb, we hold our finals at the Waterfront Blues Festival. Four finalists compete there after a previous round in June. Doing it that early allows for more fundraising opportunities to happen before they have to head to Tennessee.

Liz, I expect a lot from your entry. You've been involved sending acts to IBC two years now and have placed finalists both times.

Cannot wait to see all of the acts I can this year.

The Cascade Blues Association is sending:

Lisa Mann & Her Really Good Band
Ray Roberson & Neil Beese

Greg

  From: Deb Lubin<mailto:deblubin@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

  I'm amazed that your blues societies are already finished with your IBC. We
  have our finals on November 7th. Deb

  ________________________________
  From: Jimmy Jacobs <jacobslawoffice@GMAIL.COM<mailto:jacobslawoffice@GMAIL.COM>>

  Look forward to seeing them in Memphis.

  Lefty Collins won the band category in Birmingham (Magic City Blues Society)
  this past Sunday.

  From: Blues Music List [mailto:BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM] On Behalf Of
  LIZBLUES (Liz Sykes)

  Congratulations to both Ottawa Blues Society "Road to Memphis" winners!
  Another winner during the "Road to Memphis" Finals Friday night was
  James Doran of "Choose the Blues Productions", recipient of the 2010 OBS
  "Blues Heart Award".
  Special thanks to the following sponsors who supported this year's
  event: Tucson's, The Works, Chilly Chiles, CD Warehouse, Northern Blues
  Music, Lorenzo's, 101.9 DAWG FM, Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest, Rona, Ottawa
  67s & Ken Fraser.