ZEB NEWS from Montreal: September 28, 2010

Brian Slack zeb@VL.VIDEOTRON.CA
Tue Sep 28 20:05:31 EDT 2010

***MONTREAL BLUES SOCIETY CD SPOTLIGHT - NEW EVERY WEEK***
        Visit: http://www.bluesmontreal.com

        MBS long sleeve shirts now available (limited amount)
        http://www.bluesmontreal.com/merchandise.htm
        What's new: http://www.bluesmontreal.com/Zeb%20News.htm
        http://www.bluesmontreal.com/member.htm
New release from Eagle Records

THIS IS THE BLUES VOLUME 3 - Various Artists  CD | Release: 19/07/2010
http://eaglerockent.com/artist/C6A4B4/Various+Artists%3A+This+is+the+Blues

Various Artists: This is the Blues
“This Is The Blues” is a new CD series from Eagle Records bringing together some
of the finest blues, jazz and rock guitarists and singers performing classic
blues tracks from across the years. This third volume brings together another
amazing line-up of talent including Peter Green, Southside Johnny, Vince
Converse, Savoy Brown, Gary Moore, Jack Bruce, Gary Brooker, Andy Fairweather
Low, Rory Gallagher, Mick Abrahams, Ken Hensley, Luther Grosvenor, Jeff Beck and
many more.
T O P   S T O R I E S:
- Win tickets for Hendrix Tour with the Montreal Blues Society
- Blues returns at Bourbon Street West with Layla Zoe!
- Guy Belanger & Jack de Keyzer upcoming at L'Astral
- Dawn Tyler Watson Jazz Project at Cowansville
- Johnny Max Band at Le Zaricot
- Blues Experiment at Pub Limoilou
- Bad Boyz Boogie at Bistro à Jojo
- James Green & TBC at Smoke Meat Pete
- Festival: L'October Blues this weekend!

S H O W S
T U E S D A Y   N I G H T   B L U E S   S E R I E S
The Blues is back - Please come out and support!
LAYLA ZOE (British Columbia)
http://www.layla.ca/
Tuesday, September 28, 8:30 pm
Bourbon Street West, 1866 Sources Blvd., Pte-Claire, QC, 514-695-6545
http://www.bourbonwest.com/en.html

        Upcoming:
        Tuesday, October 5      TREVOR FINLAY BAND (Nashville)
        Tuesday, October 12     HENRI BRETON

BLUES AT L'ASTRAL
http://www.sallelastral.com/astral/default-en.aspx
L'Astral (Maison du Festival Rio Tinto Alcan)
305 Ste. Catherine St. W., Montreal

        Upcoming:
        GUY BÉLANGER
        http://www.sallelastral.com/astral/concert-en.aspx?idConcert=369
        Wednesday, October 6, 8:00 pm

        JACK de KEYZER
        Wednesday, October 13, 8:00 pm
        http://www.sallelastral.com/astral/concert-en.aspx?idConcert=374

Thursday, September 30 - Mike DeWay
Friday, October 1st - Blues Experiment
Pub Limoilou, 801 - 3rd Avenue, corner 8th Street, Limoilou, QC, 418-649-8577

BAD BOYZ BOOGIE
Friday, October 1st & Saturday, October 2
http://www.bistroajojo.com/programmation.php
Bistro à Jojo, 1627 St.Denis St., Montreal, QC, 514-843-5015

Friday, October 1st - TBC
Saturday, October 2 - TBC
Smoke Meat Pete, 283, 1st ave. Ile Perrot, QC

JOHNNY MAX BAND
Saturday, October 2, 8:00 pm
Le Zaricot, St-Hyacinthe

DAWN TYLER WATSON JAZZ PROJECT
Saturday, October 2, 8:30 pm
Au Tournesol, Cowanville

For complete local show listings:
http://www.bluesmontreal.com/gigs.htm

F E S T I V A L S   &   E V E N T S
L'OCTOBER BLUES 2010 - September 30 - October 3, 2010
http://www.centrevilledejoliette.qc.ca/october-blues

Spokesperson: Angel Forrest

Featuring Angel Forrest, Johnny Max Band, Rob Lutes, Layla Zoe, Cab, Justin
Saladino, Sara Lantendresse, Henri Breton, Nathalie Albert, Le Bon-Mo, Harmonica
Zeke, Marc Parent Louis Janelle, MO Blues, Juliel, Jay Sewall, Mike Deway, Lewis
Dave, Sixte (Tribute to Eric Clapton), and many more...

B L U E S   N E W S
HENDRIX TOUR COMING TO MONTREAL!
MONTREAL BLUES SOCIETY MEMBERS HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN TICKETS!
Saturday, October 30, 8:00 pm
Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier, Place des Arts, Montreal
http://www.bluesmontreal.com/CommuniqueHendrix.doc

JIMI'S MUSIC PERFORMED IN CONCERT BY AN ALL-STAR LINE-UP
Billy Cox (Band of Gypsys & The Jimi Hendrix Experience), Steve Vai, Jonny Lang,
Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Eric Johnson, Living Colour, Ernie Isley, Chris Layton (of
Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble), David Hidalgo & Cesar Rosas (of Los Lobos)
, The Slide Brothers (a/k/a Chuck & Darick Campbell of Sacred Steel), Mato (of
Indigenous)

Tickets: $89.50, $74.50, $59.50 (taxes included / service charge extra)
at the Place des Arts box office, at (514) 842-2112, and at laplacedesarts.com

B L U E S   M A G A Z I N E S
BLUES REVUE: http://www.bluesrevue.com/
  Current issue: Joe Louis Walker
  Upcoming issue: The jimi Hendrix Tribute
  Subscribe here: https://mojowax.infusionsoft.com/cart/store.jsp

LIVNG BLUES: http://www.livingblues.com/
  Current issue: 40th anniversary

Forty years. Quite an achievement for a 38-page black and white magazine about
blues founded by a bunch of mostly college kids in a basement apartment and
peddled out of the trunks of cars. But here we are, 40 years later. We’re not so
little anymore, we are color throughout, printed by the world’s largest printer,
and distributed on newsstands around the world.

W E B   S I T E S
CANADIAN BLUES: www.canadianblues.ca
CBC SATURDAY NIGHT BLUES: http://www.cbc.ca/snb/latestshow.html
TORONTO BLUES SOCIETY: http://www.torontobluessociety.com/
OTTAWA BLUES SOCIETY: http://www.ottawabluessociety.com/
OTTAWA BLUES THIS WEEK:  http://ottawablues.blogspot.com
Blues Blast Magazine http://www.TheBluesBlast.com
Free Weekly Internet Magazine covering Blues Music all over the USA
FREE subscription go to: http://www.thebluesblast.com/bluesblastabout.htm
AMERICAN BLUES BLOG: http://www.americanbluesblog.com/
BARRELHOUSE BLUES E-NEWS:
http://barrelhouseblues.com/newsletters/newsletter55.html
Music Maker Relief Fondation http://www.musicmaker.org/news/
BLUES BYTES: http://www.bluenight.com/BluesBytes/
BAD DOG BLUES: www.baddogblues.com
BLUES NORTH: http://www.bluesnorth.com
OTTAWA BLUES & JAZZ GUIDES THIS WEEK: www.ottawabluesjazz.ca
WHITE ROCK BLUES SOCIETY: http://www.whiterockblues.com
PHOTOGRAPHY ST LAURENT James St Laurent: www.jamesstlaurent.com

*       The MONTREAL BLUES SOCIETY        *
* Join the Montreal Blues Society now *
*               FOR INFO, CALL THE        *
*       MBS HOTLINE AT 514-990-1769     *
*       bluesmontreal@videotron.ca        *

Pour recevoir ce bulletin en français, veuillez envoyer une demande à
zeb@vl.videotron.ca.