Playlist: Two For The Blues 9/25/10

Art Schuna aaschuna@wisc.edu
Sun Sep 26 21:37:07 EDT 2010

  Here's last night's show featuring tunes from Billboard's R&B chart
from 60 years ago this week. Also, a set with various versions of
"Crosscut Saw" .
Two For the Blues broadcasts from 8-10PM Central Time. The show may be
heard at www.wort-fm.org for those outside of our broadcast range.
It is available for 2 weeks following broadcast by streaming audio for
those who missed the broadcast.

Art

TWO FOR THE BLUES
WORT-FM, Madison
9/25/10
Art Schuna, Host
Luther Randolph & Johnny Stiles/Crossroads/Cameo
Billboard R&B Charts This week 60 years ago (9/23/50)
Tiny Bradshaw/Well Oh Well/ Breaking Up The House/Westside
Roy Brown/ Love Don’t Love Nobody/Good Rockin’ Tonight/Rhino
Larry Darnell/I Love My Baby/R&B Years 1950/Boulevard Vintage
Little Esther/Cupid’s Boogie/Midnight at the Barrelhouse/JSP
Little Esther & Johnny Otis/Deceivin’ Blues/Rhythm & Blues Caravan/Savoy
Roy Brown/Hard Luck Blues/Good Rockin’ Tonight/Rhino
Joe Liggins/Pink Champagne/R&B Years 1950/Boulevard Vintage
Lowell Fulson/Blue Shadows/R&B Years 1950/Boulevard Vintage
Louis Jordan/Blue Light Boogie/Let The Good Times Roll/Bear
BB King/BB Boogie/The Modern Recordings 1950-51/Ace
Josh White/Downhearted Man/Complete Vol. 1/Document
Josh White/Silicosis Is Killing Me/Complete Vol. 3/
Tony Hollins/Crosscut Saw/Roots n’ Blues: A Retropective/Columbia (1941)
Tommy McClennan/Crosscut Saw/Bluebird Recordings 1939-42/RCA (1941)
Binghampton Blues Boys/Crosscut Saw/Stompin’ Vol. 26/Stompin’ (1963)
Albert King/Crosscut Saw/King of The Blues Guitar/Stax (1966)
Ray Charles/Greenbacks/Pure Genius/Atlantic
Ray Charles/Losing Hand/Birth of Soul Vol. 1/Atlantic
*Mavis Staples/You Are Not Alone/You Are Not Alone/Anti
*Charlie Musselwhite/Clarksdale Getaway/The Well/Alligator
*James Cotton/Find Yourself Another Fool/Giant/Alligator
*Ronnie Earl/Blues For Slim/Spread The Love/Stony Plain
*Eddie King/The Blues Has Got Me/The Blues Has Got Me/Black Magic
Bettye LaVette/Damn Your Eyes/Bar None (1997)
*Robert Cray/Our Last Time/Cookin’ In Mobile/Nozzle
*Robin Rogers/Baby Bye Bye/Back In The Fire/Blind Pig
*Hosea Hargrove/Boog a Loo/Tex Golden Nugget/Dialtone
*Rev KM Williams/When I Rise/When I Rise/Dialtone
*Joe Louis Walker/You’re Gonna Make Me Cry/Live On The Legendary
Rhythm & Blues Cruise/Stony Plain

* = new release

WORT-FM
118 S. Bedford St