Famous London Venue to close

Chuck Winans chuckone@SBCGLOBAL.NET
Fri Sep 24 11:33:50 EDT 2010

I found a music clip of JoAnne Kelly with some rotating photos.  Pretty good player!  Also found an article online,written by Del Ray in 1997, about Memphis Minnie, mentioning at the end that JoAnne Kelly as having been influenced by Minnie.  The article refers to her as "the late JoAnne Kelly".

Doubtful that there were many, if ANY, women playing this guitar style back in the 1960s.  Rory Block was still in her teens and still learning at that point.