ragtime and jazz

Jay Watterworth jaywatterworth@COMCAST.NET
Wed Sep 22 01:38:24 EDT 2010

You are in for some real gems.  I mean, consider the material Burns had to
work with.  You are so lucky!  I almost wish I hadn't seen it so I could
watch it all over again for the first time.  I did have my students watch
the first section to give them an illustration of how social change comes
about, so did watch that again.  I will probably get into some more as well.
It can be streamed to your computer over Netflix.

Have fun!
Jay

----- Original Message -----
From: <hashbb@AOL.COM>
To: <BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 10:43 PM
Subject: Re: ragtime and jazz

I have only watched the first three segments so far.
I guess they could have used other folks other than
Marsalis and Crouch, I am sure by the time I see a few
more segments that might get old. The historic footage is
priceless, and I really love Doc Cheatham's reminisces.
Also the short interview segments with Armstrong and Duke.
HB