PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 9/18/10

David Carrigan papajoe61@HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 19 09:52:37 EDT 2010

My show #583.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was a birthday bash for Louis Myers. Behind me in my music room at home is a wall of alphabetized blues cds, and at the bottom is the tailend of the abc's, hence the first couple of dishes for today's show.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
Blues Cafe'
101 CAC WWSP
Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

Saturdays 3-7P on 90FM - the only alternative!
September 18, 2010
Muddy Waters /Standin' Around Cryin' /One More Mile /Chess
"Bottom of the Alphabet Blues"
Johnny Winter /That's What Love Does /Essential /Fuel
ZZ Top /Hot, Blue and Righteous /Tres' Hombres /Warner Brothers
U.P. Wilson /Cold, Cold Feeling /On My Way /Fedora
U.P. Wilson /Deep Down Inside /Whirlwind /JSP
Johnny Young /Hot Dog! /Chicago Blues /Arhoolie
Smokey Wilson /I Wish I was Single /and the William Clarke Band /Black Magic
Jimmy Witherspoon /Did You Ever /Spoon's Life /Evidence
Mitch Woods /House of Blue Lights /Solid Gold Cadillac /Blind Pig
Big John Wrencher /Trouble Makin' Woman /Big John's Boogie Plus /Castle
Mighty Joe Young /As the Years Go Passing By /self titled /Blind Pig
Marva Wright /Serve Somebody /Marva /Aim
Mike Zito /Little Red Corvette /Today /Eclecto Groove

New on the Menu
Rev. K.M. Williams /Free to Roam /When I Rise /Dialtone
Mark Benno /title track /Crawlin' /Blue Skunk
Blues Masters wi Big Al Carson /Hip Shakin' Mama /3 Phat Cats and 1 Skinny Dogg /Rabadash
Louisiana Red /Tell Me About It /Bob Corritore and Friends /Delta Groove
Swississippi Chris Harper /Mojo Hand /Four Aces and a Harp /Swississippi
Big Rob Blaine /Only Mine /Big Otis Blues /Swississippi
Peaches Staten /Long Distance Call /Live at Legend's /Swississippi
Duke Robillard /Grey Sky Blues /Passport to the Blues /Stony Plain
Hosea Hargrove /44 in My Hand /Tex Golden Nugget /Dialtone
Charlie Musselwhite /Just You, Just Blues /The Well /Alligator
Holmstrom, Logan and Hodges /Lone Wolf /Twist-o-Letzz /Mocombo
Mitch Kashmar and the Pontiax /title track /100 Miles to Go /Delta Groove

Saturday Blue Plate Special Birthday Bash for Louis Myers, born 9/18/29
Mentors
Lonnie Johnson /Mr. Johnson Swing /Blues in My Soul '37-'46 /Blues Collection
Big Boy Spires /Dark and Stormy Night /Wrapped in My Baby /Delmark
Blues Career
wi. Little Walter /Blue Midnight /Essential /Chess
wi. Little Walter /Tell Me Mama /Essential /Chess
wi. Junior Wells /Cut That Out /Blues Hit Big Town /Delmark
wi. Junior Wells /Throw This Poor Dog a Bone /Blues Hit Big Town /Delmark
wi. Freddie Hall /Can't This be Mine /Abco Records /Wolf
wi. The Aces /Just Whaling /Abco Records /Wolf
wi. Earl Hooker /Anna Lee /2 Bugs and a Roach /Arhoolie
wi. Earl Hooker /The Hook /2 Bugs and a Roach /Arhoolie
wi. Earl Hooker /Conversion Blues /The Moon is Rising /Arhoolie
Louis Myers /Top of the Harp /This is the Blues Harmonica /Delmark
wi. Junior Wells /Could Have Had Religion /South Side Blues Jam /Delmark
wi. Robert Lockwood Jr. /Steady Groove /Steady Rollin' Man /Delmark
wi. Roosevelt Sykes /Miss Durty Gurty Blues /Chicago Blues Festival '70 /Blues Collection
The Aces /Money, Marbles and Chalk /Chicago Beat /P-Vine
wi. Johnny Big Moose Walker /Cry, Cry Darling /Living Chicago Blues v2 /Alligator
wi. Big Leon Brooks /Please, Mr. Catfish /Let's Go to Town /Earwig
wi. Reunion Blues Band /Little Angel Child /Back Home to Clarksdale /Icehouse
Louis Myers /Southbound Blues /I'm a Southern Man /Testament
Louis Myers /Short Haired Woman /I'm a Southern Man /Testament
Louis Myers /Whoopin' Cough /Tell My Story Movin' /Earwig

New on the Menu
Jay Gaunt /Midnight Rider /Harmonicopia /self
JJ Gray and Mofro /Slow, Hot and Sweaty /Georgia Warhorse /Alligator
Oli Brown /Real Good Time /Heads I Win Tails You Lose /Ruf
JW Jones /Off the Market /Midnight Memphis Sun /Ruf
Albert Castiglia /Cadillac Assembly Line /Keepin' On /Blues Leaf

James Day /Man About Town /Firecracker /Neon Blue
Piano Red /Shake, That's All Right /The Lost Atlanta Tapes /Landslide
Wayne and Wildroot /title track /One Hell of a Ride /Reconciled
Ronnie Earl /Spann's Groove /Spread the Love /Stony Plain
Alabama Mike /title track /Tailor Made Blues /Jukehouse

Govt. Mule /When the Blues Come Knocking /Mulennium /Evil Teen