DYI Blues

Leonard Watkins mannish@WINDSTREAM.NET
Thu Sep 16 18:07:26 EDT 2010

Just let it happen - a lot of people force it and it sounds that way.
Sometimes I heard a line and say that would be a good tune sometimes I hit a
lick and go from there. I write 99% of my tunes in the morning. I do not sit
down and say I am going to write a tune something has to inspire me - You
can write the music if you wanna but I just play it. It's easy just let it
happen

LW

-----Original Message-----
From: Blues Music List [mailto:BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM] On Behalf Of
Patrick Hertel
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 1:48 PM
To: BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Subject: DYI Blues

Hi,

  I know quite a few of you write your own songs.
  What process do you got through. Is there a"method" to your musicness?
Do the lyrics come first?? ...or the melody? ...or the "hooks"?
Can you read/write music notation or do you somehow just make it up and
memorize it on your instrument.
Is there a set structure to your tunes?
Any advise and/or hints?

06:34:00