Are you f'ing kidding me???

Forcella, Domenic (Env_Health_Safety) ForcellaD@MAIL.CCSU.EDU
Wed Sep 15 07:21:50 EDT 2010

I have tried to put my thoughts together on this story.
And the only thing I can do is reflect on my relationship with Ernest Withers.
He knew me as the guy from Connecticut and always had time to talk.  I made it a point of stopping by to visit each time I was in Memphis.  A mutual friend introduced us.
The kindness he extended will not be forgotten.  Sitting in his office or at Cozy Corner and talking about anything from BB King to his photographs was a learning experience.  Going into the backroom and seeing prints not in the books, was like a look inside.
It was always fun to watch the number of people who stopped by the studio. As we talked about the old Memphis, it was his photographer's eye that made the details so vivid.

One of my fondness memories is of Ernest Withers serving me a piece of his 80th Birthday cake at a party/celebration.
May he rest in peace

Domenic Forcella, Blues Beat
Blues Beat appears each week in 4 daily papers covering the following cities and surrounding areas: New Britain, Middletown, Bristol,