Suit or In Tune Singing and Playing?

Michael Huggins jukekings@SUDDENLINK.NET
Thu Sep 9 01:08:36 EDT 2010

The Blues never has been and NEVER SHOULD BE PC, GODDAMMIT, nor non
smoker/stoner, friendly. Those multiple adult beverages you consumed
prior to leaving are way more dangerous behind the wheel than somebody
smokin' in a F'n BLUES BAR. It's a bar, where folks go to see bands.

Smoking should be an option.

Thank you non smokers for not breathing, while I smoke. :)

  Music is made to dance to. CDs are FOR SALE.  And I'll be glad to look
ya right in the eye when I kick your ass for trying to water down an
indigenous art form and it's performance, replete with is wonderful
foibles..
Musicians should sell earplugs as well as CDs for the weak of spirit.
  Kim Wilson said in an interview: The Blues is about fornication. I
think I get his drift.

I couldn't agree with you more, Pat.
Michael
On Sep 8, 2010, at 9:31 AM, Pat Boyack wrote:

> "Let's see, the blues po-lice want "their" performers dressed up, not
> cussing, not smoking weed
> during breaks, drinking bottled water, always making eye contact when
> the paying audience wants
> them to be making eye contact, be accessible, don't play too loud,
> performing in a smoke free room
> starting as early in the evening as possible... and oh yeah, those god
> damn dancers need to sit down
> too. And then we sit around and opine that "the blues these days, man,
> they just aren't the same."
> Got it"
>

> .........and don't forget we can't get mad when one of them tells the
> other right in front of you, "Don't
> worry, I'll burn you a copy of it when I get home" after bitching the
> CD you sold them cost too much.
> Plus, wanting to get you to get the local 13 year old Blues phenom on
> stage with you to promote
> their upcoming Blues Society fundraiser. Or how you should record your
> next CD.........

Music is sustenance to a level of consciousness that transcends all
genres/cultures.
MH