Lost verses of old Blues Songs

P.W. Fenton pwfenton@RADIOFREERADIO.ORG
Tue Sep 7 13:17:52 EDT 2010

On Sep 7, 2010, at 12:05, Ann Rabson wrote:

> I'm not sure why this trend started but it's a shame.

I think it's that music and marketing have become so intertwined.  The parts of these old songs that the public remembers, are the repetitive parts... the melodic "hooks" if you will.  As music seems to have become less art, and more commerce, the intro has given way to the hook.  I'd love to see some new songs written with intros.  It's not an easy skill to write one.

P.W. Fenton
Hudson, FL
2003 KBA winner
http://BluesLand.Net